Star Wars:Andor Trailer

Mercurius

Legend
That looks really good, and I like Diego Luna, but I am so tired of all these "fill the gaps in the story" films and series....I want to see what happens next, or at least explore something outside of the main sequence.

Rogue One was already a "fill the gaps" film. Now this is filling the gap of a fill the gap film?

The way I see it, the setting of the Rebellion era before the Death Star is just a good place to tell stories. Not because there is something particular about that era that needs to be "clarified" or anything - just because fighting an oppressive regime is a neat thing to show.

I don't know if that is Disney's opinion as well - it could just as well be that their metrics showed that nostalgia works best?
Though given how they did the sequels, it seems they certainly thing that Star Wars works better if the heroes are the underdogs, that's why they destroyed all accomplishments of the previous heroes in The Force Awakens. But that got a lot of negative feedback, because people still cared about those heroes and didn't like that they all became failures. Setting stuff between prequels and original triology is kinda the safe spot.

The alternative would be to move to a far future or past with new conflicts... But how much would that still be able to cash into Star Wars if there aren't any Sith or opressive regimes to fight? The old EU novels tried something new, particular with the Yuzhaan Vong, but I'd say that was only to middling results (YMMV, if you even read them at all).

The trailer looks good, we'll see if they can deliver on that soon enough.

Remove ads