Trailer The Wild Robot trailer

Undrave

Legend

I hadn't heard anything about this until Youtube popped up the trailer. Looks like it'll be quite a tear-jerker.
Same. Looks like it'll leave me an emotional mess.

One worry I have is the long list of voice actors. I feel like this movie should be dialogue-less to really make the best impact? Are the animals gonna be jabbering away? Is someone going to ruin the immersion by explaining everything?

Same. Looks like it'll leave me an emotional mess.

One worry I have is the long list of voice actors. I feel like this movie should be dialogue-less to really make the best impact? Are the animals gonna be jabbering away? Is someone going to ruin the immersion by explaining everything?
I'm betting they do what Pixar did with Wall-E and half way through is when the voices start speaking

Undrave

Legend
I'm betting they do what Pixar did with Wall-E and half way through is when the voices start speaking
Yeah, maybe the voices will be from the people who built the robot and want it back? There's shots of a city and someone is firing some types of rockets so that's plausible.

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not...

The movie is based on a series of books. I've read the first two.

In the first book the robot learns to speak with the animals pretty early on, and there is plenty of dialogue between the robot and all sorts of animals. Large portions of the story are based on interactions with lots of animals where everyone talks with human-style discussions. Also, IIRC, the "dialogue" with animals was in their animal language(s), not English, but that's the kind of thing that's really easy to gloss over in a book but has to be addressed somehow in the movie.

Of course, I have no idea how closely this movie will follow the books.

Undrave

Legend
I don't know if this is a spoiler or not...

The movie is based on a series of books. I've read the first two.

In the first book the robot learns to speak with the animals pretty early on, and there is plenty of dialogue between the robot and all sorts of animals. Large portions of the story are based on interactions with lots of animals where everyone talks with human-style discussions. Also, IIRC, the "dialogue" with animals was in their animal language(s), not English, but that's the kind of thing that's really easy to gloss over in a book but has to be addressed somehow in the movie.

Of course, I have no idea how closely this movie will follow the books.

Makes sense for a book, but I think with a movie you could pull it off silent. You just need to trust the skills of your animators.

Remove ads