• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Bounty Huntress

Again, you could hear nothing through the door.

Seeing you wave her over, Caya made her way to the door, gave you a quick glance and rested her hand over the switch to open the door. She didn't press it, or even say anything, instead simply looking to you with a questioning expression.

When Caya hit the switch, the door slid open without even a slight noise. It revealed a brightly lit, off white coloured hallway. Or rather, it revealed a wall directly in front of you, and a green carpeted hallway going to the left and right.

You couldn't hear, or see any signs of anyone being around, though there were a few other doors evenly spaced out and all on the same wall as the room you're in. There was nothing on the opposite wall for as far as you could see both directions. But because the hallway was a curved in the same general shape of the oval shaped building, it was hard to see very far.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eelysa Nara: Human/Female (Bounty Huntress)

Eelysa looked down the hallway in both directions, she didn’t like surprises and disliked them even more when she wanted to be quite. After assuring herself that they where alone she turned in the directions of the lights she had seen from the balcony but with a watchful eye for a lift and or a stairwell to the next floor of the apartment complex.

Caya followed you as you both slowly headed towards the right, where the other balcony had been(though it was a level up). After passing by three other doors, you reached a pair of turbolifts. There was still no sign of anyone around, and Caya was starting to look nervous due to this lack of anyone.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Noting Caya’s nervousness Eelysa leaned closer to her and whispered softly, “I imagine that the building is empty of tenants, minus Eslin, and his guards are firm in their belief that no one can reach him without going through the front door... but keep quite it just in case.”

Eelysa had whispered cause she wasn’t to sure what was going on and she didn’t even take her own words as gospel as she walked over to the turbolifts and gave honest thought to using them but she quickly shook her head and gave up on that idea., “We got to find the stairwell. I have little doubt they would note that the turbolifts had been summoned and then are chance at surprise is gone.”

Eelysa waited long enough for Caya to reply and then turned to move down the hallway looking for the ladder well that she knew must be their in case of a emergency...

Caya gives the turbolifts a short glance but nods before continuing to help searching for a stairwell or other access up. It takes a moment, but you catch sight of a part of the off white wall that looks to be slightly deeper than the rest. Its right next to the turbolifts, and if you weren't looking for it, you would never have even noticed it was there.

Overall, the description made it sound a lot like a perfect maintenance access.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Eelysa smiled to herself, holding her hand up so that Caya would stop where she was. A maintenance panel was even better than a stairwell, someone might think to cover a stairwell but a maintenance panel? That was slim odds indeed.

Moving to the panel Eelysa gave it a thorough look over as she tried to figure out if she could open it without noticeably damaging it…

There was a small switch inlayed in the little, centimeter wide section that divided the maintenance panel from the actual wall. When pressed, the small panel slid up an open, revealing a hole just big enough for you to crawl through(though it would be tight in the armor, but it looked like you could pull it off). After a short distance, it reached what looked to be a ladder and access to the power conduits and other technical sections hidden behind the walls.

Caya knelt down and tipped her head to look in, then grinned slightly and said quietly, "If you get stuck I reserve the right to laugh."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Eelysa grinned as she stifled laughter within her suit, “As long as you help me get unstuck, in the event I get stuck, then that seems fair to me,” the humor doesn’t stay long as Eelysa refocuses both of them, “I’ll go first, stay here till I’m safely out and then you come up when I’ll call you, okay?”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads