Star Wars - DRK-1X and its Mistress

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
You're half-right. I thought code cylinders could also store data other than access codes...Note, as you can see, I'm also changing Four's speech to another perhaps more gentle on the eyes color. Let me know if it's better or worse than the standard blue.

Derek peruses the logs that 'he' was given by X. They appear to contain exactly what Four said, personal journals. Though on looking at them, it would appear that these journals contain nothing more than a few random series of alphanumerics and comm signatures in certain places. Without the proper code key, it would difficult to translate them.

Four answers your questions willingly, almost as if she wanted to vent all of her frustrations. "I guess I'll have to show you the source of my sickness." With that, Four's flesh body begins to look as if it was melting. A grimace of pain etches itself on her face as it too changes into a moldable shape. Soon though, Four is now the replica of the technician that installed the module in your chassis, minus the Imperial technician's uniform.

"As for how I got in, I think it's quite obvious. Most people don't look too closely for telltale signs of deception until it is too late. The 'secret' Imperial outpost there was well known to the local criminals. It was actually quite a simple matter to obtain not only a technician's uniform, but also his identity and access codes. I won't go into those details however." She is very adamant about you not prying any further into that story.

"All I know is that it is supposed to contain some sort of medical information. I presumed it had to do with the research being done on Dantooine, so I took it in hopes of preserving it. Keeping it out of the hands of the Empire. I didn't have much time to look into it. I was hoping I would have that time when we met up again."

She shifts back into her 'normal' form. You can see what the humans would call a sigh of relief escape from her lips. "The other intel was just some random stuff I took off of their database as I was searching around. I was hoping to find something about the cluster, but no such luck. I was almost discovered, so I escaped with what I had before finding out about you. I am hoping that the analysts at the base find something that we can use though."

"I only encountered Dofina once, but I was unable to communicate with her. Otherwise I would have set something up more infallible than what I did. I have some underworld contacts on Dantooine, as I assume you know. I knew of a manor kept far outside the main settlement. Let's just say I owe a big favor in the future. As for how long it took, I don't know. I wasn't really concerned about that. I do know it took only a few days to get to the asteroid though."

Her story seems to mesh, but some holes are appearing that X and Derek point out to each other, such as why she couldn't say anything to Dofina and exactly how she knew you had been put in the Imperial repair bay, among others. You are both unsure if this is intentional or she simply doesn't deem it important enough to pass on to you.

"There was only supposed to be three of my people that knew exactly where Dofina was headed. The liaison on Nar Shadaa, the transport pilot and the liaison on Dantooine. If they told any of their people though, well...."

"I knew about the reactor and the maintenance droids because I was monitoring from my ship. While she was with me on Nar Shadaa, I placed a tracker on her. I deactivated it when I left so no one could trace it back. I know the layout of Torrba's place and I estimated where your escape would take you and I can see I was right. As far as how the reactor got that way, I can only assume that Kellon had something to do with it, maybe as a backup plan in case his first failed."

"Except for Ventress, I haven't had any dealings with Sith myself. I only know of Sidious through my Separatist contacts. Ventress was rather blatant with her powers and her wishes. Foolish in my eyes, but Torrba trusted her for some reason. As for why he called her apprentice... She shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe he was teaching her how to be a criminal mastermind. I've never known Torrba, or any Hutt for that matter, to exhibit anything remotely close to mastery of the Force however."

She is nonplussed by your argument that you would not have been detected. "As far as I am aware, there is a procedure that is followed to make sure your launches aren't detected. Since you left so...abruptly... I doubt they had time to put it into place. Nonetheless, it's called 27B because that was what it was called when we found it. According to the old records, it was a mining facility. Number 27 of 50. I'm going to imagine that the others are gone considering the lack of more larger asteroids in that sector at the moment. We figure that attempting maintain its presence as a mining asteroid wouldn't get us far because it is apparent that the company that used to own it is no longer in business. As far as how many of these places we have, I honestly don't know the location of all of them. If anyone in our group does, I don't know who it is. We are aware of a few safe places, and those places know a few that we don't, and so on."

"Getting Dofina out will not be easy. The natural hazards alone will kill any but the most experienced pilot. Or it will take somehow procuring the navigation charts from an Imperial ship. Getting either will require some hard work. We figure getting that good of a pilot will take more resources than we can muster in a short time. So we go with the other option. That's where you come in. We know the Empire uses Arakyd droids almost exclusively now. Something about a government contract with them and Sienar Space Systems." She pauses. "Or, there is option three. We steal aboard an Imperial vessel bound for the cluster."

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: The color is easier to read, though honestly I hadn't been bothered by the blue either.

DRK-1X floats backwards defensively a few centimeters when the human woman begins to melt and reform before its own holorecorder pod. Derek, alert to the fact that something odd is taking place, turns away from his datapad to watch the spectacle for himself. Neither droid offers any other reaction, but they do discuss the surprising transformation with each other via comlink. When the woman returns to her previous appearance and resumes her story both droids return to simply listening to her recounting of past events. The probot stops the woman to ask clarifying questions when required. "Inquiry: Under what circumstances did you encounter Dofina on Dantooine and why were you unable to reveal yourself or converse with her? How is it that you, in the guise of an imperial technician, happened to be in a position to help repair me after I was damaged? How did you learn it was me rather than Skywalker's probot that required repairs? Since we were alone together for some time why didn't you reveal your true identity to me? How is it that you knew Anakin Skywalker well enough to offer an insightful opinion of him to me?"

While Four speaks, DRK-1X will discreetly activate the MSR-X module and upload to it the sub-dermal scans it conducted of the woman along with its holo-recording of Four's amazing transformation and her own vaguely stated medical history for it to process. The probot will then inquire with the module's processor whether it can discern the woman's species and/or diagnose her condition based on the available data.

Later, 1X stops Four to ask another question; "Inquiry: Was the reactor beneath Torba's complex on Nar Shadaa eventually repaired or did it breach?"

In response to Four's clarifications about the Asteroid's sensor shielding system, DRK-1X simply offers; "Conjecture; It remains possible that no imperial scout vessels were patrolling in the vicinity of the asteroid at the moment we entered hyperspace. Statement of fact: The nebula and black-hole cluster are in a exceedingly large and dangerous area. Conjecture: It would seem unlikely that the empire could adequately monitor the entire region at all times."

Finally when she finishes, Derek turns and addresses 1X aloud through his visor. "These are mostly encrypted. A decryption key would speed things up." DRK-1X turns its unoccupied external sensor pod around to regard the humanoid droid for a second before addressing the restrained woman. "Report: Your description of events seems plausible, though evidence would help to collaborate your testimony. Though we would eventually succeed in decrypting your files, it would help us expedite the matter if you were to willingly gives us the codes to your journals. Statement of fact: If your journal entries reflect accurately what you've told us then we will return them to you and allow you to remain unrestrained. Inquiry: Will you comply?" Statement of intent: Then we can further discuss your plan to either locate a copy of the empire's star-charts of the cluster or covertly board one of their vessels.

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Four looks at the both of you before answering further inquiries. "I don't suppose you have anything remotely resembling a drink on board, do you?"

She continues, regardless of the answer. "I found out about Dofina as she was seeking refuge with one of my contacts in the Separatist underground there. As I went to go and meet with her, to hopefully finalize some plans I had, I received a message that there was a bounty hunter looking for the both of you. As I neared where she was, I knew that if I were seen with her, not only would this hunter be able to track Dofina through me, but also any hope of security that we had would be lost. I couldn't risk it."

"Well, I didn't know it was you at first. As I was 'borrowing' information from their database, I heard a general comm call for all available technicians to report to the maintenance area to repair Skywalker's droid. Though, they didn't call it Skywalker's EFX-7 though. They said 'Lord Vader'. I didn't know what they meant, but if I stuck around where I was any longer, I would have been compromised. As luck would have it, I knew Arakyds better than those other techs did. I knew of no other Dark Eye models operating in the area, so I presumed it must have been you. Turns out I was right."

"If I was wrong however, I didn't want to give anything away, that's why when I left, I gave you the wink and nod. A typical DRK would think nothing of it, but you would have been able to identify the gesture with female humans. I was hoping you would piece it together."

"I only know Skywalker through the holovids. He's very popular you know. Jedi Hero and all that, though what it means now that the Order has been declared illegal is beyond me. What is apparent is that somehow he has escaped the purge and this new Empire has put him to work. That can't be good for anyone involved. Who knows how many others Palpatine has brought to his side?"

While you are listening to Four, MSR-X reports that the woman is indeed human, however she has an odd DNA structure unlike any it has seen before. It is apparent that she has been implanted with a foreign chain of nucleotides that are similar in structure as those in some of the more well known shapeshifting races. Unfortunately, her body is rejecting these genes and has to constantly be monitored for deterioration and replacement. It is uncertain if her body will ever strike a balance with the foreign cells.

"The repair droids should have been able to fix the reactor. I left before I could get a final result. I had more important things to worry about at the time. If they didn't get it done, then I know that the Hutts are definately not happy about it."

"You're right of course. The Empire would have to mount a serious effort to find us. That being said though, they seem to have eyes and ears everywhere, so we can't even trust that."

She looks at you quizzically when you ask about the code key for her journals. "I suppose it's too late to say no?" She extends the fingers of her left hand. "Well, I suppose the rest of my life will be an open book for everyone then. Let me see one and I'll put it in for you. It requires my thumbprint."

She unlocks them and hands them back. "Try to skim over the personal stuff, would you?"

As Derek reads, he sends X the information that he finds and finds it too tempting to not read her personal entries, his quest for humanizing overriding other parameters. Inside most of the entries, you find her battle with the debilitating experiment on her body: physical changes, external and internal, emotional breakdowns, that sort of thing. However, in some of the entries, you find a series of access codes and coordinates for places that seem to span the galaxy. If what you are reading appears to be correct, these are Four's safe houses. On top of that, what little she entered of her recent experiences seems to indicate that she is indeed telling the truth. She even goes so far as to attempt to make corollaries between the Emperor, Skywalker, Palpatine, Lord Vader, Sidious, Dooku, Nute Gunray, Asajj Ventress, Kellon, Torrba and a few other lesser known names. Most of them seem to be mere speculation however.

While you peruse the information, Four stares quietly, awaiting the next question.

Ambrus

Explorer
"Report: Unfortunately, both winking and nodding are mannerisms commonly used by both genders of several species in addition to humans and so remains a poor means by which to communicate information while disguised. Conjecture: Since you entrusted me with the module as well as the coordinates of your organisation's secret station it would have seemed you were fairly confident that I was in fact myself. Inquiry: Why not then be more clear in your communications rather than risk a misunderstanding?"

DRK-1X and Derek secretly review the contents of the data-rods, Four's testimony and the MSR-X's diagnosis via comlink. Both droids reach a consensus and commit the pertinent parts of the woman's journals to memory (including the location and access codes to the various safehouses) before Derek swings back around in the pilot's chair to offer the rods back to 1X. "The recent entries seem to confirm the events as she describes them."

The diminutive probot traces an arc back to Derek to collect the data-rods before returning to face Four with its blank face-plate "Order: A-B1, B-B1 please release your charge. Statement of gratitude: You've both performed excellently. Order: Please secure your weapons and then fold yourselves into storage configuration." While the twin combat automata proceed with their instructions, DRK-1X will retract its blaster cannon into its belly compartment with a soft whir and click before extending its hand with the two rods for the woman to reclaim. "Statement of gratitude: Thank you for your cooperation in clarifying recent events for our benefit. Invitation: Please consider yourself our guest."

The diminutive probot dismisses its trio of tactical remotes, silently instructing them to return to their storage compartment and deactivate. DRK-1X motions to the food-dispenser unit with an outstretched manipulator before folding up its arm and stowing it inside its chassis. "Feel free to make use of our meager facilities to refresh yourself. Statement of intent: When you are ready we will proceed to formulate a plan to find and rescue Dofina. Report: We will soon be exiting hyperspace and so must quickly determine a new destination."

OOC: Heh. Four and Dofina belong together. Their inability to be forthcoming with information combined with their convoluted schemes make them kindred spirits of a sort.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
She looks at you with a strange face. "Perhaps I give you more credit than I should. I would think you would be able to identify the difference between human male and human female winking and nodding." Four visibly relaxes when the weapons are no longer pointed at her. Placing the rods back into her pocket, she only slightly moves to get herself a drink from the dispenser, then stretches her arms and legs, attempting to find room for herself.

"Your way of treating guests is...interesting, DRK-1X. But I'm sure you have no interest in having your methods critiqued." She sighs, turning her lips into a frown, as if in thought. "Depending on how long we're in hyperspace, those coordinates you have will soon be outdated. Unless you can calculate new ones yourself, I recommend not trying to go back to the asteroid until we can procure updated coordinates. Where are we headed anyway? It might help to know what's nearby so we can find a place to land and get our bearings."

Yeah, that seems to be a common theme among organic sentients with criminal intent....

Ambrus

Explorer
DRK-1X watches the woman sip her drink while listening. "Report: I did note that the gestures were more commonly associated with human women, but the logical conclusion was that the technician was simply an effeminate male rather than a female implanted with a foreign chain of nucleotides that grants her a measure of metamorphic abilities which she has used to assume a male guise."

The diminutive probot listens to Four's comments about its hospitality without deigning to comment. "Report: I have a second set of coordinates which, together with our recent scans of the asteroid, reveal its velocity and trajectory. Statement of assurance: I believe it would be possible to safely plot a return trip to the asteroid if necessary. Report: Our current destination is a random point of interstellar space approximately 2.5 lighthours coreward from your asteroid. There are no habitable systems in its vicinity. Inquiry: Do you have any suggestions for how we are to acquire imperial star charts of the cluster or access an imperial transport by covert means?"

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
"A logical answer. No more than I'd expect from a droid." You can sense that Four is becoming more relaxed now that it appears you won't kill her.

"Well, I sure hope your calculations are right. That cluster has a strange gravitic affect on the station's drift. Nonetheless, if we are only a few hours away, we should be fine. The calculations shouldn't be too far off."

"I only had a few ideas about how to get the starcharts and even fewer of getting on one of the ships that goes there. See, we've seen numerous ships go into the cluster, but only a total of three ever come out. The Repulse is one such ship, the other two are older ore freighters. The ore freighters are easy to track, they pick up raw or from various mining facilities all over the area. The Repulse is less than easy to track. We figure that we can probably get a copy of the navigational coordinates from one of the freighters as it prepares its final leg of the trip. Or, we go one step further and stow away with a team on board the freighter, but then, there is getting back out..."
Four looks at you hopefully.

"We don't know what's in there. Could be manufacturing facilities, could be a huge fleet base. Either way, if we're caught, getting out is not going to be a very simple task."

Ambrus

Explorer
The probot seems to consider the matter silently for a few moments, while in reality it runs through the possibilities with Derek via their comlinks. Once their deliberations are complete, DRK-1X offers their conclusions aloud for Four's benefit. "Conjecture: It would seem that infiltrating one of the local ore mining facilities with the intention of gaining access to an ore freighter during one of its routine stop-overs is our only viable option at this time. Infiltrating any other imperial ships would depend on anticipating its arrival into the area as well as its travel route, neither of which we're aware of I believe. Since we cannot count on finding a means to escape the cluster we will have to somehow bring this vessel covertly on our foray there to ensure a safe means of egress.

Request: Please tell me more about these freighters. Inquiry: How big are they? What is their configuration, estimated crew compliment, sensor acuity and defenses? Are they escorted during their supply runs? Can you anticipate which mining facility they will next be traveling to and when they will arrive there? Do you believe you, I or both of us could conceivably board one covertly while it is docked at a mining facility?

Supposition: If so then you could infiltrate their command structure by replacing a crewman as you did on Dantooine while I covertly slice the freighter's computer core and retrieve the required navigational data which I could then transmit to my friend here. He could then either marry this vessel to the freighter's hull or follow in its wake while I manipulate the freighter's sensors to obfuscate this vessel's presence. When we later enter the cluster and rejoin the imperial assembly there we could both use our respective abilities and positions to covertly infiltrate their infrastructure to locate and recover Dofina while this vessel remains hidden and my friend monitors imperial activity in the area. We could then seek to regroup and escape using our previously acquired navigational data. Inquiry: Do you see any significant flaws in this plan? Can you suggest beneficial alterations?"

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Four seems to ponder your plan for a moment. Her fingers move as if she's counting something. "The freighters are a simple matter. They consist of a giant ore tank, approximately five-hundred meters long, that has engines and a bridge of sorts attached to it. The bridge and engines are connected by a series of locking struts that surround the main hold. I will need to be on the bridge, as that is the only safe place for me. It's the only place on these freighters with any sort of life support. Infiltrating that part should be relatively easy. If we can get past their pilot security screening. Now from what I hear, that's not a difficult process at the last docking station before they jump to the cluster. It's a sort of holdover place, for final checks and calculations before the final jump. It's planetside, so getting there will be a simple matter. However, they may have been put on higher threat control due to recent activity not only on Dantooine, but on a few other planets as well. Which also means they could have an escort now. I doubt it though. The Empire wouldn't want to draw attention to something they want to have kept secret." She stops to think some more before continuing.

"Once we are on board the freighter, since you won't have any trouble not breathing, you should be able to access the hatchways that run up and down the spine of the locking struts. This should give you access to whatever you need. If any of the crewmen need to go down there, they will be in a vacsuit, giving you the advantage. I just hope your hull can withstand vacuum. As far as this thing trailing behind, I wouldn't recommend it. With the Empire scanning for any intrusion whatseover, your friend here will have to be able to slip past what will probably be a rather large sensor net. If we can find a way to attach it to the hull, or even the main holding tank, we might be in business. That would have to be accomplished while spaceborne however. There is no way we could hide that activity on the surface. Once that is accomplished though, you will have to edit the logs of the freighter to make sure the extra mass is accounted for."

"Once we're in, I could infiltrate into an area that might allow me to get close to Dofina, assuming they put her in a holding cell. If not, well, we'll have to make do. I'm going to need you to access their mainframe and see if you can get a positive lock on her location while we're in there. That and maybe download whatever pertinent information you happen to accidentally stumble across. Then we make our escape plan. We'll need to know as many alternate routes as possible. Once again, that's where we'll need you most. You can lead us back to the freighter, or if that's a no go, whatever ship is available. I was thinking of bringing a team in, perhaps send them in as a distraction while we do our thing. Maybe, maybe not."

Ambrus

Explorer
Derek and DRK-1X discuss the details of Four's proposal as she speaks. When she's finally done DRK-1X offers the pair's opinion in turn. "Conjecture: Ideally we will enter the cluster and depart it with Dofina without being detected; the need for a diversion will not be necessary. Supposition: If one is needed then perhaps we can make use of the combat automata for that purpose.

Report: The freighters' final planet fall before returning to the cluster would indeed appear to be the best time and location for us to infiltrate the vessel. Statement of intent: We will head there immediately. My friend will deposit us on the planet, well away from the docking facility so we are not detected while we make our way to it on foot. Meanwhile, my friend will stay aboard this vessel and perhaps wait in orbit out of the facility or freighter's sensor range. Once one of the two freighters arrive we will arrange for you to secretly replace one of the crewmen while I stow aboard. I will then slice the onboard computer and adjust their sensors creating a blind spot through which this vessel can approach the freighter and dock with it undetected. I will then contact this vessel and relay the necessary information to conduct the approach and docking procedure once the freighter lifts off but before it enters hyperspace for the return trip. Where the vessel is to be attached will depend on the exact configuration of the freighter. Supposition: Perhaps we could even stow the vessel inside the ore container itself.

We may have to adjust our plan once we enter the cluster based on what we encounter there. Statement of intent: We will have to keep our communications to a minimum to avoid detection while using our encrypted comlinks while within the cluster. Request: Please give us the coordinates of the planet so that we can begin plotting a new jump immediately. Inquiry: Do you know when one of the two freighters is due to arrive there next?"

Remove ads