• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Force Point question

Can I use a force point on a check that represents activity that takes more than a round? On a Craft check, for example? The reason I ask is that the phrasing of the rules applies best to checks that occur in one round, although they do not specifically state that it has to be.

Also, can I make my roll and THEN decide whether I want to use a force point even in cases where I know the DC in advance because it's a fixed DC given in the core rules?

genshou

First Post
The first question is not clearly answered in the rules, aside from a declaration that it works on all rolls for 1 full round.

The second question is quiet clearly answered. You choose to use a Force Point after the die is rolled, but before results are revealed. You might not know about a circumstance modifier to the roll, so you have to wait for the GM to say whether or not you succeed on a roll even if you know the DC, right? In any case, use the Force point immediately after discovering the number you have achieved with your roll, before the GM gives final word on success or failure.

Thanks Genshou, for clearing up at least one of my questions.

As for the first question, it strikes me as really strange the more I think about it. There are SO many checks that determine the outcome of lengthy activities: many survival checks, gather info, some handle animal and diplomacy checks, craft and profession checks, some Treat Injury checks, forgery, gamble, disguise, and probably others. How could they not think of this question when writing the rules?

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Check page 37 of the FAQ. It says that you can spend a Force Point on the craft and stat checks when constructing a lightsaber even those those actions take much longer than one round.

Ki Ryn said:
Check page 37 of the FAQ. It says that you can spend a Force Point on the craft and stat checks when constructing a lightsaber even those those actions take much longer than one round.

Could someone help me out with a link to the FAQ?

Remove ads