• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic

Darth Ecks

First Post
Daiymo said:
In front of him Arcos sees a figure hunched down in a grey open speeder 10 meters away. The figure is dressed in grey clothes and holds a blaster in a shaky gloved hand, pointed at the Iktochi. The figure wears a black breather mask with large black inscet like eyes; a large maroon turban like piece of fabric is wrapped around its head and neck.

"A Jedi?" the figure says. "No matter, I'm leaving. Just stay there and I'll be but a memory."

Holding the blaster on Arcos, the figure reaches to power the speeder. The vehicle lurches upwards for about a meter. As it does, the figures mask starts to comes loose.

For a split second the being is distracted, unable to decide what is of greater priority- the controls, the blaster, or the mask.

Arcos, seeing the figure momentarily distracted, decides it is time to pounce. Using Heroic Surge, he runs at the speeder and attempts to jump in.
Meanwhile, he uses Move Object in an attempt to yank the blaster from the alien's hand.

Starman

Adventurer
Joran continues to examine the lightsabers. He starts doing practice moves with one of them, testing its balance. After twirling around a bit and bumping into his companions and the furniture a couple of times, he starts talking to himself.

"Hmmm...if I get a couple of power cells and if I take off this extraneous piece...and I can adjust...

"Maybe weesa should be findin' dis other tail-head, boyos?" Brasa suggested. "Maybe she be knowin' somethin' about out goal."

"...and then I can...hm, what? Oh, yeah, the twi'lek. Well, yeah, I suppose we should take care of that now. Didn't that woman mention where she was at?"

He reluctantly clips the new lightsabers to his belt.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Daiymo said:
The officer's face grows suspicious. "Slowly hand over your weapon, and I'll explain everything. I dont think youve been very forthcoming Captain Cardell."

From behind, Mira catches a flash of motion. Behind the bar, Lucky reaches underneath the bartop. The soldier near the door catches the movement too, as does the officer. Many of the patrons do as well and duck under the tables as the cantina erupts in a flurry of action.

Initiative:

Lucky
Mira
Officer
Soldier

The Zabrak grasps a small hold out blaster and aims it in the direction of the soldier near the door. "Lousy uniforms! Leave tha lady alone!" He fires but the shot misses its target.

Mira points behind the officers, at the door, shouting "He's getting away!" and while she does so, draws out her blaster to fire it at the Lt.

(OOC: Bluff check +11 to make the officers look at the door, if it succeeds I'll use Precise attack to add +1 to damage with my blaster. If not, I'll use it for a +1 to hit.)

Douane

First Post
Putting the Jedi artifacts carefully into one of his utility belt's pouches, Yun scans the room once again. With a shrug he starts to give the room a quick search. Concentrating mainly on the hard-to-reach and out-of-normal-vision-locations like behind furniture and under tables and the bed Yun looks for anything that might have been hidden there, though he also inspects the assorted furniture including the bureau of drawers. (And he tries to avoid the prancing Joran.)

[OoC: Assuming that he doesn't find anything:]

Yun now puts anything else besides the artifacts he took from the container back into it and and closes it. Glancing at Joran, he shakes his head.

* Just at look at him. Put anything lightsaber-related before him and Joran is "in love". Even if they are quite klunky and obviously not really well-crafted; not all like Master Tazaene's though it is far older. *

He quickly looks down at the lightsaber hanging from his belt which Nattala Tazaene willed to him and can't contain a slight smile, lost in memories for a short moment.

Shking his head, he returns to reality and focuses on the discussion at hand.

" No. Our first destination should be the Twi-Light Cantina, as it was given to us as one of Griff Vao's possible locations. This Quasar where the dancer seems to work will be our secondary choice. After all, he has warned away from it."

"Joran, you do realize that we will be turning everything we confiscated over to the council?"

Last edited:

Daiymo

First Post
Darth Ecks said:
Arcos, seeing the figure momentarily distracted, decides it is time to pounce. Using Heroic Surge, he runs at the speeder and attempts to jump in.
Meanwhile, he uses Move Object in an attempt to yank the blaster from the alien's hand.

Arcos runs and leaps atop the speeder, landing upon the rear of the 4 seater vehicle. Using the Force, he pulls the weapon out of the figures hand. The being tries to prevent it, but the weapon flies away from his distracted grip and tumbles down the back of the vehicle to the ground below, leaving the being only able to grunt in exasperation.

Initiative:
Masked being 18
Arcos 8

The figure turns his attention to the controls. The speeder lurches forward, then downward at half speed. The vehicle clears the deck as it dives down the face of the building. Arcos narrowly avoids being knocked off the sppeder, and is forced to fall to his knees to hang on.

Last edited:

Daiymo

First Post
Jemal said:
Mira points behind the officers, at the door, shouting "He's getting away!" and while she does so, draws out her blaster to fire it at the Lt.

(OOC: Bluff check +11 to make the officers look at the door, if it succeeds I'll use Precise attack to add +1 to damage with my blaster. If not, I'll use it for a +1 to hit.)

Miras bluff succeeds, as the officer almost involuntarily looks away, drawing his pistol as he moves 2 meters toward the door in a defensive reflex. Mira pulls her blaster and fires at the officer (d20 roll=19+5=24, damage 21). The officer is hit hard by the blaster fire and staggers under the attack.

The soldier, near the door, is undecieved by Mira's ploy. He quickly backpedals and turns over the table he was seated. Crouching, he trains his rifle at Mira. The soldier cries out in perfect Huttese "Damned freighter trash, youll die for that!"

Rd 2

Lucky crouches beneath the bar. "Ahh, I caused a ruckus now! Get outta here girl!" he says grinning wildly. The Zabrak jabs a thumb to the rear of the dark cantina. Mira can see a trickle of movement in that direction as several Twileks retreat to a shadowed corner of the room. The bartender readies his weapon in support of Mira's next move.

Last edited:

Darth Ecks

First Post
Daiymo said:
Arcos runs and leaps atop the speeder, landing upon the rear of the 4 seater vehicle. Using the Force, he pulls the weapon out of the figures hand. The being tries to prevent it, but the weapon flies away from his distracted grip and tumbles down the back of the vehicle to the ground below, leaving the being only able to grunt in exasperation.

Initiative:
Masked being 18
Arcos 8

The figure turns his attention to the controls. The speeder lurches forward, then downward at half speed. The vehicle clears the deck as it dives down the face of the building. Arcos narrowly avoids being knocked off the sppeder, and is forced to fall to his knees to hang on.

Arcos tries to jump into the back seat and pull his lightsaber out, towards the being.
Arcos says, "Stop the speeder before I get angry!"

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
Douane said:
" No. Our first destination should be the Twi-Light Cantina, as it was given to us as one of Griff Vao's possible locations. This Quasar where the dancer seems to work will be our secondary choice. After all, he has warned away from it."

Joran shrugs. "Well, we can go there first if you want, but I don't think he got this last message. That means he won't know he's supposed to avoid the Quasar."

Douane said:
"Joran, you do realize that we will be turning everything we confiscated over to the council?"

Man, Yun is sure acting like uppity. I don't know who he's trying to impress. There's no Jedi Masters around. Well, except me. Ha ha ha. Joran puts on his best innocent face. "Well, of course we'll turn over all the important stuff."

Jemal

Adventurer
Daiymo said:
Miras bluff succeeds, as the officer almost involuntarily looks away, drawing his pistol as he moves 2 meters toward the door in a defensive reflex. Mira pulls her blaster and fires at the officer (d20 roll=19+5=24, damage 21). The officer is hit hard by the blaster fire and staggers under the attack.

The soldier, near the door, is undecieved by Mira's ploy. He quickly backpedals and turns over the table he was seated. Crouching, he trains his rifle at Mira. The soldier cries out in perfect Huttese "Damned freighter trash, youll die for that!"

Rd 2

Lucky crouches beneath the bar. "Ahh, I caused a ruckus now! Get outta here girl!" he says grinning wildly. The Zabrak jabs a thumb to the rear of the dark cantina. Mira can see a trickle of movement in that direction as several Twileks retreat to a shadowed corner of the room. The bartender readies his weapon in support of Mira's next move.

Mira takes another shot at the Officer (Precise attack to AC), and then looks hesitantly at the barkeep, but her sense of preservation wins out and she starts running for the back door, giving him a wink of thanks as she runs past.

(Shoot, then move action towards the door.)

Douane

First Post
Starman said:
Joran puts on his best innocent face. "Well, of course we'll turn over all the important stuff."

"Everything."

"Still, you have a point there. I've been rash; Vao has probably no knowledge of this transmission at all," Yun concedes, raising his hand in apology.

"Apparantly he has asked for the services of a slicer via the Holonet and, given his 'lack of funds', might be loath to visit the Quasar in person. So I'm still in favor of visiting the Twi-Light Cantina first, but I might very well err, as it is hard to foresee a man's actions without any further knowledge of his personality.
So what are your opinions, Joran, Brasa?"

Remove ads