• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars SAGA: Treasure of the Dowager Queen (OOC)

Wintergypsy

First Post
If you can have another player, i'd like to play as a bothan. (ed: if you'd rather have a twi'lek instead of a bothan that's cool as well)
I already have a character template ready which i used in another game.
And the story looks really cool...

Diesel

First Post
Ok everyone seems to have good ideas so far. Im going to close recruiting. Wyntergyspy you are in and a Bothan sounds fine.

Walking Dad-although I said no Jedi, a Jensaari could fit in with the game concept. I'm mostly going for a "wild west" or "Firefly" vibe I guess. A groupn thats out for itself trying to make it on the Fringes, certainly not evil but perhaps a little shady. Although they each have a personal code and maybe a heart of gold ala Han Solo..

Also, Ive been looking up the Ritual Armor. I cant find any official stats yet. I have seen stats for a Jensaari defender in the Saga Preview 3, and it lists the armor as +7.

I'll allow you to have the armor for the cost and benefits of light armor. Later, if you wish to attune it or take a mechanics feat to modify it you can. I'm not trying to be unfair, but the ritual armor seems to be a specialized and unique piece of equipment for each user.

Also if you want to play as a human, thats ok. For aesthetics, I would prefer a non human if you feel like playing one, but Im not going to force a player into a role he doesnt want.

Im going to add info in the first post of the thread concerning hp above first level. If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
No problem with 'near human' (using human mechanics).

Because of the background restriction, I will nearly wear the amor. It is mostly for fluff. Any of your rulings are fine :)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Diesel said:
Also, Ive been looking up the Ritual Armor. I cant find any official stats yet. I have seen stats for a Jensaari defender in the Saga Preview 3, and it lists the armor as +7.
It seems to me that the armor of Jensaarai defender in Threaths of the Galaxy is just a normal Ceremonial Armor from the corebook.

possum

First Post
The Jensaari, although being founded about 70 years after this game takes place, actually takes numerous species, so you don't have to be human. There's Rodian and Anzanti Jensaari as well.

Diesel

First Post
possum said:
The Jensaari, although being founded about 70 years after this game takes place, actually takes numerous species, so you don't have to be human. There's Rodian and Anzanti Jensaari as well.

Thats actually a good catch possum. My EU -fu is weak, and I was actuallyt reading about the Jensaari today. I would allow a "grey jedi" perhaps a "proto" jensaari who left the order. Perhaps not completely canon, but....

That would solve the armor problem :)

possum

First Post
EU-fu... Nice. I'm pretty good when it comes to the EU, but not as much as the writer of adventure 4 or Luceno.

Character up tomorrow.

Blackrat

Diesel said:
Thats actually a good catch possum. My EU -fu is weak, and I was actuallyt reading about the Jensaari today. I would allow a "grey jedi" perhaps a "proto" jensaari who left the order. Perhaps not completely canon, but....

That would solve the armor problem :)
Maybe one of those so-called "dark-jedi" who aren't actually dark-siders but who have been exiled because they were too drastic. I think there are canon-examples. Jolee Bindo? Or was he "grey"? Damn, their terminology is a bit scetchy when it comes to those who have left :D

WD, maybe you could make him species that normally don't have many jedi. That way him leaving the order could be explained by not being able to fit in. For near-human, Echani could work. Or go crazy and make another 'Dosh :lol: (I'd love to see how the wookiee-jedi works in SAGA rules, but that's a bit stretching)

Last edited:

Blackrat

I modified the background to fit better but I need to ask, would someone like a loyal 'dosh friend. One of the reasons why S'Sheer haven't returned home is the lifedebt, and I'd like to try roleplaying this aspect. Preferably a non-'dosh... maybe your grey-jedi WD, wink wink :D. (Though at this I hope you don't go with the wookiee idea above :D)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads