• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Solar Concerto (Recruiting)

DralonXitz

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Ok, I put together a sheet. I only have the RCR though and it doesn't have many good feats for pilots, are there any from the starship book you could suggest?

I'd suggest Starship Point Blank Shot, like basic PBS but with Starships essentially, +1 to attack, but on your stats, I think your BAB has a slight error, Possum had the problem of not having a +6 BAB for Ace, and yours is a +6/+1, might want to check that out.

Dire Lemming

First Post
No, Possum had the problem of being level 6 which means the highest BaB you can have is +6 / +1, which is the requirement to get the starship ace prestege class. Therefore, he can get it next level, but not this level, because this level he just made the prereqs. :p

Anyway I replaced Precise Shot with Starship Point Blank Shot. Thanks.

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
Heh.

Been away for a few days, Also trying to get back into the swing of things. AdamCaros at hotmail is my e-mail.

That said, and since you've mentioned that a pc (Hopefully me ^_^) Is going to be in command of the inquisitor I do have a few additional questions. Rules related and not.

At what point is this campaign starting in the official timeline? I assume it is sometime after episode IV due to the fact that our target didn't exist before that point. Hehe.

Second and rules related. Are you going to be revising the capitol ship rules at all. The RCR has a few glaring bugs in this regards. Notibly, the damage from just the forward batteries on an Imperial Star Destroyer can kill any capitol ship, including itself in one volley. (4 Batteries of 5 guns. So 20 guns. On average 2.5 guns hit per battery. (+6 to attack with a roll of 11 gives 17 against ac 12, meaning that two guns, closer to 3 hit.) So a total of roughly half the guns hit. At 5d10x5 the average damage of one hit is 27.5x5 (Average of 5.5 on a d10.) for a total of 137.5. A star destroyer has 1000 hp (300 shields and 700 armor) with DR 30. Subtracting 30 that makes 1075 damage. This is before including ion cannons or missiles.) Makes for anticlimactic captiol ship fights. The same problem is true to a lesser extent when running torpedo's. Which average 69 damage a hit after dr, meaning that 2 x-wings nearly drop an impstar's shields while 8 can kill the ship in one round.

My suggestion, probably up either the damage reduction or flat out hp of capitol ships. The damage in the game seems balanced against the books and games in everything except how much punishment the large ships can take.

Jemal

Adventurer
If you had an opening, I'd love to be a pilot, though as I'm fairly active on the boards I probably shouldn't take away a PC slot from someone else...

And Caros is right. Our group IRL uses (On the few rare occasions we get Mr T to DM it) a system of Normal/Mega/Mass damage similar to Rifts.
Normal is everything most PC's deal with, Mega is small starship fighters, lasers, etc.
Mass is Capitol ships, Turbolasers, and Torpedos.

just a thought.

DralonXitz

First Post
Caros: Good questions, the campaign will take place between Episode IV and V, so Galaxies time-period essentially.

As for combat, I've always found the RCR rules a bit clunky, but have never seen a viable alternative. If you could email me at draemonorius at gmail dot com with the ruleset you use, I would be much obliged.

Jemal: As for now, I essentially have limitless openings, as I haven't made any choices yet. I'll wait to see all the PC's and then choose the top ones for our game. Throw up your BG and PC, and we'll take a look.

Finally to everyone, as we're getting some quality interest, and this is a Star Destroyer, I may expand the playerbase to six, depending on the entries we see. Thank you.

Dire Lemming

First Post
DralonXitz said:
Any update on PC's or BG's from anyone?

Would you like more details on Dylon's background?

I didn't post any equipment because I figured he'ed be expected to use standard issue Tie pilot equipment. If I can have any personal equipment, how about a BlasTech DY-225 Heavy Blaster?

Jemal

Adventurer
I actually feel like an Idiot. I just realized today that I don't have the Star Wars rules out here at Camp with me, and while I remember the majority of it, not quite enough for detailed character creation. Caros has offered to help me over MSN, though, so hopefully tommorow morning I'll get a chance to do that.

As for Background, I'm thinking a kinda Tactical/Leader type Fighter Pilot - a squad leader. Not really very Imperial minded, but Military Minded. Joined the Imperials a while ago, b/c it was the only 'real' military there was. He's very loyal & devoted to his fellow pilots. He reserves respect for those Officers who show him they deserve it, but has managed to keep in service this long by following orders whether he likes them or not, and coming up with more agreeable (And surivable, in many cases) plans when he thinks he can justify it.

Not the BEST pilot in the squad, but a natural leader & Tactician.

Caros

First Post
Hmm

My character will be up, ideally tomorrow. I've got it in my head, I've just been super busy with work etc.

That said. In the event that you feel like buying an additional book, the new Saga Edition of the Core rulebook was just released. It promises more revamps to the way starship combat is worked, and from what has been shown it tends to streamline things considerably.

Interestingly enough the system is somewhat divergant from standard D&D. If anything it looks like what one might imagine from a 4th edition rather than a regular d20 product.

Worth looking into, I'm planning on buying it for sure *shrug*

DralonXitz

First Post
I actually have the Saga Edition Core Rulebook, got it a few days ago. I'm staying with RCR for this game though, because I feel at least for now, we have a lot more in terms of Starship Detail, PrC's, Skills, Feats, etc.

I am a big fan of the Saga Revamps, but until we see more products come out for it, we'd be a little hindered back in terms of what we can do without a lot of conversions. Also to that, I have a lot of RCR Nostalgia, and I'd like to enjoy the system I've played for years for a little while longer.

Remove ads