• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STAR WARS - The Clone Wars - Child of Prophecy FOLDED

Dr Midnight said:
The game was today, and was unbelievable. I don't really mean that in a good way- I can't believe how the game went. The game eventually devolved into giggles and we gave up.

I'll try to write up the rest of the story as I'd like to read it. Most of this will be entirely fictionalized. Then, I plan to tell you what REALLY happened. There will be funnies as a result.
Bring them on, Doc...and another great update, btw !!!

Dr Midnight

Explorer
As it’s getting less and less likely that I’m going to get around to writing the story up the way I’d like to see it, I might as well tell you what actually happened.

Three big things happened in Chapter 3 that brought about the downfall:
#1- Jaren confessed, believing something Yet Yash had said indicated that the Man in Black had been discussing their deal and exposing Jaren to danger. Jaren considered it a deal-breaker.
#2- They went back to Coruscant. The whole point of the campaign was the journey to get Pock back to Coruscant, out of the intergalactic war. Once on Coruscant, he’d be kept in the safety of the Council. There would be no Pock for another adventure.
#3- When told of what Jaren had been doing, Plo Koon kicked him out of the group. I just couldn’t think of any reason for them to keep Jaren on-hand. With a wince in my heart, Plo Koon kicked Jaren out of the temple.

SO- When I started up Session 4 without Jaren and having Pock still come along on a mission to bring the Nessaecide to Manaan (total cheese, going against my earlier edict of HE MUST NOT BE PUT AT RISK), the credibility was teetering horribly. I didn’t know how to balance this stuff, and it showed. Energy was uncertain, people couldn’t really get focused, I wasn’t sure how things would go.

Eventually, things kinda shaped up, and Mikau came up against Ekra Tev. Mikau’s player had been complaining that I didn’t concentrate on him enough and give him enough screen time, so I made Ekra to be his old nemesis. When Ekra confronted the group, he spoke to Mikau, and Mikau’s player shrugged and passed the diplomacy off to someone else. Guh!

Later, there’s a big battle going on. Mikau versus Ekra Tev as aquatic battle rages on Manaan. Mikau says something like “We needn’t fight, there’s no reason we can’t bring about change through legal action!” She rolls a freakin’ 36 for a diplomacy check. It’s so good that I say yeah, Ekra Tev’s mind is changed. He lowered his sword and nodded. That’s when Pock’s initiative came up. “I STAB HIM IN THE BACK WITH MY LIGHTSABER!!!”

At that point we felt secure in just folding the game up.

Metus

First Post
Whoa. So are you guys done with Star Wars? Are you going to be moving on to another game? Will we get a SH of that?

Also, there was something I was real curious about. Who were the players behind the characters for that game? I know Wee Jas was Jaren, but were there any other players from KotSQ?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Wee Jas was the only KotSQ player. Pock was Wee Jas' son, Mikau was my girlfriend, and Jaren was her friend from a Star Wars message board.

There are plans for something new, but it's too early to give details.

Wee Jas

First Post
I was Magnus.

Doc you left out all the great "Ham sammiches" quotes. Oh and when the new Jedi in the group started cutting appendages off our hostage with his lightsaber to get info. Doh! :uhoh:

Razamir

Explorer
Too Bad. I was really digging this SH. If you don't mind... Magnus, Pock and Mikau will make cameos in my next Clone Wars game.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for use next.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Wee Jas said:
I was Magnus.

Doc you left out all the great "Ham sammiches" quotes. Oh and when the new Jedi in the group started cutting appendages off our hostage with his lightsaber to get info. Doh! :uhoh:
Aww man, I did forget all that... care to do the honors and tell the people? Don't forget all the fish jokes!

Remove ads