• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: The Rebellion ch. 1

Ranger Rick

First Post
You do not fly. You just take up room in the back of a vehicle. Therefore I do not expect you to understand this. But nothing is guarrenteed. We all may turn tail when the firing starts. But this is why I doubt I will turn tail.

I love to fly, it is not a hobby but it is a bodily function. Like breathing or eating. The Empire took that away from me. I thought I was going to die. The rebellion, not only gave me a chance to live again, they put me in the new T-65s. That is like giving a starving man a lobster dinner every night. I am not going to turn tail because if I do not fly, I would die. The rebellion is the only place to fly. Now if I was a cripple, I could be a frieghter pilot, but not now. I want to look forward to retiring onto frieghters, not forced there in my youth.

Flying is my politics. Flying the fastest most g pulling aerobatics possible. I will fly for who ever gives me that oppurtunity. The empire lost their chance. And you, if you where offered a lot of credits to join someone else's army would you? What? Well credits (money) doesn't mean anything to me. Only the control panel in front of me.

Ranger Rick

First Post
.......Oh and one more thing. If I was likely to turncoat, don't you think I would be all rah rah go rebels? I told you up front I am in this to fly, not the politics. That might actually make me your surest bet of loyalty.... better than garn or that beeping machine or even you.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
"First off do you see any fins on this perfect face? No, I didn't think so. I should sit down there and take your credits for that comment. I don't think I will risk you actually being any good." After a brief pause.

"Second, I don't care if all he wants to do is fly. Anyone is welcome to join the Rebellion as long as they pull their own weight." Turns to Johnny. " No offense meant. While I'm at it. If you DO run and leave us behind, I'll find you and kill you myself." Turning to look at no one in particular. " We are all in this together. We need to make sure we help each other survive."

Celtic_Bear

First Post
SOOOOOO Much Better

Caine bursts into laughter, and makes his way to the cockpit so he can slap Johnny good naturedly on the shoulder. "Now that's what I wanta hear. John, you may have lost muscle but you sure didn't lose any mettle. No offense meant, fly boy, I was just pulling your Flux Capacitor. Just getting a rise outta ya, making sure ya got a little fire in your belly. I just don't wanna walk into a tight spot with some one who won't rise to the occaision, or at least be willing to die laughing and trying. As for running, well as my old Sarge used to say, I'm too stupid to be scared of much." Caine gets a far away look in his eyes, and mumbles half to himself, "Yea, Sarge, too stupid to quit when I'm ahead or realize when I'm behind." He falls silent, looking out into space, his eyes seeming to be focussed a thousand parsecs off, as he mumbles, "hrmph, miss ya Sarge, ya old frag grenade."

Then the grin lights up his face and eyes again, only there is something hard like steel behind it this time. "And as for money, I'm in this for payback. Empire raided my block looking for rebels few years back. I was off world at a martial arts tournament at the time they decided it would be cheaper to blow up the whole block rather than go house by house looking for the rebs. My mom, sister, and little brother.... they weren't rebs. But I am, since that moment. Now and until that account is paid back in full. And there ain't enough creds in Palpatine's force forsaken grasp to cancel that debt."

"Anyways, I envy you fly boys. We grunts win the battles but you pilots get all the glory. I am more than a fair shake at anything that drives along the ground. Maybe I will look into learning to fly one of them there flying blasters. But that is a pipe dream, and we have more pressing concerns. First and foremost, DRINKS! Where to they keep the rotgut on this barge???"

Last edited:

possum

First Post
A chiming noise in the cockpit distracts Dan from the bickering coming from the common room. Dan quickly recognizes it as the communications switch.

The message reads as follows...

"Greetings Knight's Chance, please enter your identification number."

[sblock]The ID number is 1138.[/sblock]

"You are cleared to land in hangar 18, and you are scheduled to meet a representative of our leader at 1345 local time.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Johnny is checking out the insturments and upon hearing the time appointment, he checks to see what local time it is now. He than passes back the message, "We are to meet a 'representative' of our leader at 1345 local time. Current time is XXXX, that means we will have about XX minutes to line up outside this bird."

OOC: Strong emphasis is stated on the word 'representative'.

OOC: if I can get the times, I will revise this thread.

Xael

First Post
When Johnny sits to the copilot seat, Dan answers him: "I appreciate help, I hate sitting in the back too. I'm a bit more into bigger ships than the small ones. More firepower and better shields you see."

"We fly boys are also a lot bigger targets than grounds boys. And there are usually less of us to choose from too.", Dan remarks when Caine explains his view.

Dan enters the correct ID number and heads towards the hangar 18. He can be heard mumbling something negative about "representatives".

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
M-3pX, who had thus far been observing the palaver amongst the organic lifeforms speaks up with genuine glee in his voice.

"Fiinally here. I do so hate space travel. My primary functions are so often wasted. There are very rarely any hostile organic beings to fire upon in space."

Last edited:

possum

First Post
The small base is busy with the activity of several ships quickly getting ready to flee. To your right are several ships in the YT line from the Corellian Engineering Corporation as well as one or two from the HWK line. A few beaten up Corellian Corvettes are also among the ships, but none of them look nice enough to be the personal ship of Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan.

To your left are a hodgepodge of several starfighters, the Y-Wing seems prominent.

Finally the large form of Hangar 18 appears from the midst of the other departing ships. You are cleared for landing by the control tower.

Stepping out of the shadow of the hangar door is a short, fat man. His eyes quickly scan the group, seemingly studying each of you. He soon nods his head and walks up to the group. He extends a hand to Corporal Kinneson.

"Greetings Corporal, I assume your flight your flight was enjoyable? It is nice to see some more new recruits."

The man extends his hands to Garn and Johnny, the new recruits.

To Garn:

"Hello, nice to see you and welcome. It's been a while since I've seen a Nautolan, been about three years since Lonic was killed in action. I see from the profile the Corporal and Savisten filed that you are a promising soldier."

To Johnny:

"And you must be Johnny de Goode. Another Imperial defector! It seems that you have a good service record: former Lt. in the Imperial Navy, high scores in several simulated tests... I don't mean to be rude, but why is it that you made the decision to defect?"

After the conversation with the newcomers, the man straghtens up and realizes why he is really here.

"Well, now that I have been introduced to you, I really should be polite and introduce myself. I am General Fionst and I am the representative that you are supposed to talk to about your upcoming mission. Follow me."

He beckons you to follow him as he exits the hangar and enters a large landspeeder. He motions for the rest of you to enter the vehicle.

Remove ads