• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: The Rebellion ch. 1

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Oh wonderful. A mission will be an excellent opportunity to exercise many, if not all of my primary functions. Excuse me General Fionst, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is M-3PX, advanced military protocol droid. I am fluent in over 3 million forms of communication and mayhem and proficient in the use of every common model of blaster, slugthrower, and many varieties of heavy weaponry. I can repair, modify, or create a variety of blasters for your shooting enjoyment. I have been assigned to this mission. I am especially interested in determining what possible new and facinating targets I will be required to aquire."

M-3PX strolls along speaking to the general in his prissy, yet obviously excited tone.

possum

First Post
Before reaching the landspeeder, the general turns around and listens to what the military droid has to say.

"Well, hopefully on this mission your extensive combat programming will not have to be used. Instead, the Rebellion hopes that no shots be fired at all on this mission."

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Salutes and then takes the hand of the General and shakes with great vigor.

"Thank you General. It is an honor to be here. I hope to live up to your expectation."

Then falls in with the others all the while taking in the sights and sounds of whats happening around him.

possum

First Post
The drive to the main base is short, and when there the general leads you into a bare meeting room.

He motions for you to sit and then finally sits down himself.

"I am sorry for the bareness of the room, however almost everything of value in this base has already been packed and sent to our new base. Shall we begin?

As the veterans among you know, The Alliance to Restore the Republic is always struggling to accuire sufficient military grade weapons to equip our troops with. As such, we hop on several oppurtunities when they appear. We have recently recieved word from a former Seperatist leader of an old battle droid stockpile left over from the Clone Wars. Our contact has has no love for The Empire, and has assured us that all of the equipment is in perfect working condition, almost as if they were straight from the factory!

Our contact is a Neimodian, and a cowardly one at that. He has agreed to meet you at a budget hotel near the Clone Wars Museum in the Historical District on Cato Neimodia.

Since the system is currently heavily restricted, a cover identification has been constructed for you. The hotel you are to meet your informant in is next to a major shipping spaceport. At this very moment, the cargo hold of your ship is being filled with several crates of foodstuffs. And the devious part of our plan is, the foodstuffs are part of a completely legitimate operation! A new ship log is being installed as well, declaring that you left the nearby system at 1345 tomorrow morning. Do not worry, when you return the weaponry to us at our new base, the old logs will be restored like they never were removed.

Corporal Kinneson, you are to be the commander of this mission and as such, I need to speak with you privately. Are there any questions?"

Celtic_Bear

First Post
More droids than you can shake a vibro spanner at

"Sir, first let me say thank you for this opportunity to bolster our side. While I do not have the greatest of confidence in droid soldiers, no offense Bob, I will do my utmost to see this mission successfully completed. I do have a few questions:
1) Are the foodstuffs to be the actual payment for the droids?
2) What are our rules of engagement, that is what is the Imperial presence on this world like, and how low a profile do you want us to keep. Judging from your earlier comment about no shots fired I take it we are not to initiate any firefights?
3) What sort of supplies can we requisition before hand? There are certain.... items.... I wouldn't mind having along for the ride in case we do find our backs against the wall."

Caine looks around the room, "Gents, as far as me being leader, here's how I see it. We are all equals, and able to voice suggestions and dissaproval of the mission status or direction at any time. But if the blasters start blasting on the ground, well then you might do well to let me bark out the orders. One mind directing things where every second counts is just good strategy. If I go down, listen to what Bob has to say... and if he goes down you'd do best to disperse and meet back at check point Alpha, which we will set up once we get planetside. If we get into the thick of it in the cold depths of space, I say we allow Johnny here to call the shots."

possum

First Post
"The foodstuffs are not the actual payment for the droids, half of that has already been laundered into our contact's account. The money the foodstuffs will bring we will put into paying for those X-Wing's out there. Part of it will also be put into your salary.

2: The rules of engagement are to not fire unless fired upon. The Imperial presence in the area is unknown.

3: What are the items you wish to requistition? If you can give us a list, we would be happy to supply you within reason."

Ranger Rick

First Post
Backtracking: Johnny tells the general about his illness the subsequent discharge from service.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sounds good to me sir. Will this transport have any armaments?

If there is a problem, what are the safe locations we can jump to…I assume this vehicle has a hyper drive?
Due to the logs and cargo, is there any problem with us being boarded? In fact I realize being boarded actually allows you more freedom, because you are no longer considered a threat. If being boarded considered to be OK?”

possum

First Post
"Since it's your own ship that's being used for this mission, yes it does have armaments. We don't expect you to be hassled by any Imperials, however we are slightly worried about the Duro security in the sector. They will more than likely stop and board you, just remain calm. You only have to actually worry about being boarded once the guns are on board."

Celtic_Bear

First Post
A Shopping I will Go........

hmm.... I wouldn't mind having the components to make a couple frag and a couple ion grenades. That way they just look like parts until we get planetside and I can fashion them once we get there. And a thermal detonator can go a long way in smoothing out negotiations. But since we are being low key, I'll settle for the grenade components.

Remove ads