• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate season finale

DM_Matt

First Post
swrushing said:
remember, in season 6, thor upgraded the shield and weapons of the prometheus.

Right, and we know that while Anubis has the best weapons/shields of the Gould, later-model Asgard weaponry is vastly superior. It makes sense that the Promethius had enough shields to deal with gliders and Al-Kesh's, and we know that the X-302's were based on glider designs with the aim of being better than gliders, and in the past they seem to have been so in practice.

However, I don't think that the Asgard gave the Promethius standard Asgard weapons and shields. It seemed that they were using enhanced missiles (as it did vs that other ship (Whaith?) a while back, for the most part (I thought the Asgard were biologically incapable of understanding projectile weaponry?). Regardless ,they still somehow ran out of ammo and shields at some point (This is also odd. I've never seen any alien energy weapons run out of ammo in the entire history of the show).

reiella

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
However, I don't think that the Asgard gave the Promethius standard Asgard weapons and shields. It seemed that they were using enhanced missiles (as it did vs that other ship (Whaith?) a while back, for the most part (I thought the Asgard were biologically incapable of understanding projectile weaponry?). Regardless ,they still somehow ran out of ammo and shields at some point (This is also odd. I've never seen any alien energy weapons run out of ammo in the entire history of the show).

They just aren't predisposed towards the idea of disposal weaponry I believe. I think it may just be the humans just design better weapons than the Asgard, except they don't have the tech backing for it.

Wycen

Explorer
Unlike Farscape, I have not religiously watched every single Stargate episode, so I have to go on just those I've seen. As I recall, the Asgard called upon SG-1 to defeat the replicators, because the replicators were susceptible to projectile weapons.

I know the replicators are supposed to be trapped in the time bubble, but did they upgrade Prometheus before or after that event? It would seem prudent to keep at least some sort of projectile weapons, in case the replicators escape. Though, as someone pointed out, they did mention running out of ammo.

Last edited:

swrushing

First Post
DM_Matt said:

Agreed they did not give them anything like full asgard weapons... no ray beams to dissolve hatak's three at a time.

but it sure explains how the shields were able to hold up as long as they did and even survive for a time the motherships guns.

While true alien weapons dont run out, its well estanlished that tauri don't have that level of reliable power generation... thats why their hyperdrive was naquandria based.

I think its very in keeping with the tauri tech and mindset to have weapons that do more damage in some cases but which run out of juice quickly. Witness the f302s which handled the gliders and such rather well but simply lack the endurance (probably both in ordinance and flight time) of the gliders.

I just saw the episode where they rescued the survivors of the Cebrus. How many episodes/seasons am I behind?

Also, how would ancient Celts know to name their ship after the Ceberus, a three-headed dog from GREEK mythology?

Datt

First Post
Watched it and it left me wondering as well. I am guessing that after the last fight scene the Stargate program will have to go public. I don't think there is any way for the governemnts in the know to make up a story about this.

About SG:A I am guessing SG1 will premire first because Jack(RDA) is supposed to be a guest star on the first epiosde of SG:A.

chaos-princess said:
well i dont fins it fair that it is the last series of stargate, is was never the same after daniel died
...but Daniel came back...and he's still around. :)

And on the note of things going public, that seemed to be my impression, too. It seemed like the President and most everyone were ready to get the word out, though I guess that waas mainly because they expected to all die. Still though, I think its possible they'll go public with SGC.

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Datt said:
About SG:A I am guessing SG1 will premire first because Jack(RDA) is supposed to be a guest star on the first epiosde of SG:A.

Note: I have no inside information. The following is just a guess.

I suspect that the first episode of SG:A will have a team investigating the outpost where O'Neill is "sleeping". They'll somehow find the coordinates to Atlantis and get O'Neill healed. Or they'll wake him up and he'll show them the way to Atlantis. Either way, I expect he'll then begin to appear in the regular SG-1 episodes.

BTW, I've read that R.D. Anderson wants to take a lot of time off next season, so he won't be in every SG-1 episode. Not sure how many he's signed up for.

Also, quick question - Does anyone know if Jessica Steen (Dr. Weir) will be back next season? I've always liked her as an actress since seeing her in the short-lived Earth 2 series (she was also the female astronaut in Armageddon). I like General Hammond, but Weir's an interesting character too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads