[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

On the Street, Cobblestone Town
P7X – 912
24 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

“Is that a storm cloud on the horizon?” Reed asked curiously to Donovan, pointing to the west.

Donovan noticed the sound when Reed mentioned it. He followed her gesture, and replied, "I dunno." He raised his binocs to his eyes, trying to get a better look at the source of the sound.

Carlo

First Post
Keia said:
Somewhere over the planet
P7X - 912
37 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Lorelai blushed slightly at Myrrdins compliments, both the physical and mental. 'oh yes, a very senior tenured professor indeed'. She could almost smell the pipe smoke about him and picture him in a tweed jacket delivering a lecture in some dusty hall. But she also recognized the seriousness behind his questioning. She was too inexperienced in dealing with situations like this to really feel afraid but she felt the tension in the air of of the others and her own nervousness as she answered.

"I'm along to try and solve the technical problems and decifer ...advanced...sciences we might find during our rescue mission. As to why me?" She shrugged and gave her best game smile. "I don't exactly know but it was a challenge I could not refuse."

Stargate_Com

First Post
Leaning up against a building, Jeremiah struggled to push his worries into the back of his mind.

I am safe...for now. What ever happened to them, I --- Actually, he didn't say what happened to them. He only asked if they were with me. Missing is a lot better than dead. Missing people could be found, but dead...dead was permanent.

Just as he was about to ask about the others, Jeremiah noticed something. It was quiet. Really quiet. No birds...No crickets...no sounds of nature what so ever. He had never been somewhere so quiet. Was it like this when he came, or was this a recent change?

Stewart heard a low humming sound – almost imperceptible – coming from the south, or whatever served as south here. Regardless the sound was at the nine o’clock position from their current facing. Almost simultaneously on the rooftop, Reed pointed out an odd sight on the horizon.

“Is that a storm cloud on the horizon?” Reed asked curiously to Donovan, pointing to the west.

This was also like no storm cloud he had ever seen. It had a kind of evil, quality to it.

Turning to Durant, "I found our Tok'ra contact." Pointing to the building with the statue, "There is a teleporting device over in that building." "I takes us underground."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X – 912

Durant was less than pleased that Jeremiah was not with the others. However, deep down he knew better than to expect things to come together that easily.
Turning to Durant, "I found our Tok'ra contact." Pointing to the building with the statue, "There is a teleporting device over in that building." "It takes us underground."
Hearing that Jeremiah had made contact with the Tok'ra changed things, finally a bit of good luck. He looked back at the building with the statue that Jeremiah had indicated and then back at the rest of the group. His first reaction was to have Stewart bring Reed and Donovan while he and Jeremiah went back to check the area out. The group was split up enough already though, no need to make things worse.

"Stewart, have Reed and Donovan follow us down the street. Grayson's found the Tok'ra!" As he spoke he noticed a puzzled look in Stewart's eyes as he looked off into the distance.

Last edited:

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

P7X – 912

Stewart heard a low humming sound – almost imperceptible – coming from the south, or whatever served as south here. Regardless the sound was at the nine o’clock position from their current facing. Almost simultaneously on the rooftop, Reed pointed out an odd sight on the horizon.

Originally posted by Lt. Commander Durant
"Stewart, have Reed and Donovan follow us down the street. Grayson's found the Tok'ra!" As he spoke he noticed a puzzled look in Stewart's eyes as he looked off into the distance.

For the first time since they arrived on this planet Stewart felt dread wash over him. He had to shake it off! Then he caught Durant looking at him questioningly and snapped out of it as he told Durant, "We need to get to cover, I think we're about to have company from above."
As he picked up on Durant's order, he threw caution to the wind and gave a quick loud whistle up to Reed and Donovan. Once he had their attention, he used hand signals that would tell them to get to cover from their exposed position on the roof. Then he indicated that they needed to join the three of them on the ground.

Once Stewart was signaled back that they understood, he turned back to Durant and said, "Sir, can I suggest we get inside and try and see what is coming before whatever is coming catches sight of us."

Stewart moved quickly toward the closest doorway while he kept an eye on Durant to see what orders he would give.

Stargate_Com

First Post
With the storm on the horizon, Jeremiah finds himself disagreeing with Durant's orders.

What was this 'storm'? Is this what Medraut had warned him about? Maybe, it was responsible for the disappearance of the others. In which case, someone should stay behind. I didn't want to be the one to volunteer, but...maybe the knowledge was worth the risk. I could stay.

Jeremiah tried to choke down his fears.

If it was another alien, they would need me to talk to him. Yet...if I stay, there will be no one to translate for Medraut and the team. Still, someone should stay.

As the storm moved in closer, Jeremiah decided to voice his opinion. He hated to put someone else in danger, yet he knew it wasn't his decision. Now was the time for Durant to show what kind of leader he really was. No one knew everything, and we all know that no one is right all the time. I just want him to be open-minded. A commander should be open-minded, but Lord know that they don't have to be. Jeremiah had met his share of stubborn, close-minded military men. Hopefully, Durant would be different.

"Someone should stay. That...thing could have something to do with the others disappearance. Trust me, I'm not trying to undermined your authority. Medraut, our Tok'ra contact, said that there was danger up here. Fleeing might no be a bad idea, but we don't know what that thing is."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
25 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Donovan said:
Donovan . . . replied, "I dunno." He raised his binocs to his eyes, trying to get a better look at the source of the sound.

Donovan briefly enjoyed the pale light of the sun, which cast no glare into his binocs. With the glare, Donovan was able to see the growing cloud on the horizon much clearer. The cloud was dark, rolling, blotting out the sky as it grew on the horizon – obviously heading toward the town. The cloud filled the western visible horizon from the ground to the sky and to the north and south until Donovan’s sight was blocked by the mountain ranges.

It took several moments while Donovan studied the cloud . . . when it finally dawned on him. First, the wind was blowing ever so lightly toward the west, so the cloud was coming against the wind. Not unusual in and of itself until Donovan remembered his time served in the Middle East and Africa with Durant.

That wasn’t a cloud . . . that was a swarm . . . he had no idea what kind of insects they were, but the cloud was massive.

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Grayson, Reed, Stewart

Attachments

• Mini Swarm.JPG
    Mini Swarm.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 65

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X - 912
38 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Lorelai Nguyen said:
"I'm along to try and solve the technical problems and decipher ...advanced...sciences we might find during our rescue mission. As to why me?" She shrugged and gave her best game smile. "I don't exactly know but it was a challenge I could not refuse."

Myrrdin seemed to enjoy watching as the hint of red spread on Lorelai’s face, thought it only showed in his eyes, which sparkled and hinted of sophistication and unknown knowledge. Myrrdin looked at her intently as she finished, staring into her eyes as though looking through those windows to her very soul.

“You know why they you were chosen, not ultimately, but I sense that your life was threatened . . .” Myrrdin mused, “and has been threatened since you started on your journey.”

Myrrdin was about to add more, when a Jaffa near a podium on the side of the room spoke up . . .

“M’Lord,” the Jaffa said in a similar accent, “it is beginning on the surface . . .”

“Very well, Kai, please show all of us,” Myrrdin replied.

The view screen, which had shown the planet slowly rotating, zoomed in to a large mountain range, then to a town of stone, and finally to the Stargate. It slowly zoomed out, revealing a large, dark mass several times the size of the stone town. The mass was approaching the town slowly . . . or so it appeared.

“Witness the reason behind my request for your presence here,” Myrrdin commented. “If you had remained in that town . . . you would have been consumed. I would not let that happen.”

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Dark Nemesis

First Post
P7X - 912
38 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

She raised her eyebrows slightly as Myrrdin exchanged words, first with Lucas, then with Lorelai. From the alien's words, it almost sounded like he could read their minds. The idea of someone going through her thoughts was not a very pleasant one for her, so she was quite relieved when the Jaffa spoke up, interrupting their 'interrogation'.

The view screen, which had shown the planet slowly rotating, zoomed in to a large mountain range, then to a town of stone, and finally to the Stargate. It slowly zoomed out, revealing a large, dark mass several times the size of the stone town. The mass was approaching the town slowly . . . or so it appeared.

She tilted her head to the side as she watched the viewscreen, and the dark mass that appeared to be approaching the village. It was like nothing she had ever seen before, but definitely looked like something she did not want to encounter. "What is that?"

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

P7X – 912
25 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

That wasn’t a cloud . . . that was a swarm . . . he had no idea what kind of insects they were, but the cloud was massive.

Donovan slowly lowered his binocs at the sight of the insects. He heard a whistle, and saw Stewart on the street below, signalling to him to find cover. Donvoan turned to Reed and spoke, "I think we'd better get down there, or at least get off the roof. Whatever the hell those things are, I don't want to be around when they get here." He grabbed his gear and headed toward the window.

Remove ads