• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Starter Set pre-gens in PDF?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Does anyone know if the 5 pre-generated characters in the Starter Set will be available in PDF? We can, of course, just make photocopies of the sheets, but a PDF would be more practical.

I guess that if they 'preview' all of them, we can just use the image files, but I'm not sure if they'll show us the last two characters.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Here's what I plan to do (and what most people will do):

Save the existing copies in whatever file format they are.

In your paint or other program you have two options:
1. Click "Save As" and change the file type to .pdf
or
2. Download a freeware program called "Cute PDF." With this, you can "Print as PDF" -> it adds a printer option. Then a "save as" dialogue comes up.

I'd be willing to bet that Wotc will have them available as PDF downloads in no time though :)

All the best,

Jay H
Colorado

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Thanks, I actually already have CutePDF. My question arose more from the doubt that we might not get a preview of the last two characters.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Oh, I see what you mean. I can't see why wotc wouldn't release those final two. They've been very forthcoming with information on this edition.

Cybit

First Post
I'll probably scan them and PDF them if they aren't added to the Basic file (assuming they are OK with such things).

ClauDeDoin

First Post
Oh, I see what you mean. I can't see why wotc wouldn't release those final two. They've been very forthcoming with information on this edition.

Assuming they don't already plan to, I'm betting Trevor would post them after the Starter Set releases should enough people ask for them. It's hardly the same, for example, as expecting the entire DM's guide or adventure for free, so I'd be surprised if it creates any problems from WotC's point of view.

On a related thought, I have been keeping up with the 5E stuff, but still no info on PDFs and/or other electronic access to the books?

EDIT: apart from morningstar obviously. I guess i am keen on buying the books without extortionate shipping to here in NZ

Last edited:

Remove ads