D&D General Here Comes The Level Up: A5E Starter Box!

Rulebook, adventure path, pregenerated characters, tokens, and poster maps! Everything you need!

aef346ccdf8a282319dd6c5c10b05bba_original.jpeg

If you've been curious about Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition, but three big hardcovers was too much of a plunge--you're in luck! Because our brand new Starter Box is coming very soon to Kickstarter!

This boxed set contains everything you need to upgrade your 5E game to Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! If you already know how to play 5E, and have the 5E core rules, you can use this starter box to start playing Level Up right away.

Click here to get notified when we launch!

Inside the box you'll find:
  • A 66-page rulebook which 'upgrades' your game from 5E to Level Up: Advanced 5E.
  • A three-part adventure path which introduces the new rules to you as you go.
  • 5 pre-generated characters which show off the new options available in Level Up!
  • 91 cardboard tokens for heroes, villains, and monsters.
  • 5 poster maps.
d3c957863b9e759e717046de4e11efea_original.png

What's Level Up, you ask? Why, it's a full replacement for your 5E rules, which remains compatible with all the adventures, monsters, spells, and other material you've collected over the years.

It was launched in 2021, and has had a ton of support material since, including a robust third party publishing community. This all-new boxed set is designed to introduce players to the system.

And it's fully 'open' -- under multiple open licenses (OGL, CC, ORC) as an entire fully-functional 5E SRD including all the feats, archetypes, and more that you need.

a30b26abf287da260ef277d0cfb97eae_original.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 11.45.36 PM.png

The boxed set includes 91 cardboard tokens for heroes, villains, and monsters outlines in the adventures, plus 5 poster maps for use on your table.

Digital versions of the tokens and maps are included in the VTT Asset pack to use with any VTT.

Coming soon to Kickstarter! Click here to be notified!

Looks cool, I have the MM and T&T for my own DM ideas but never got the Players Handbook cause I didn’t think players were interested, but this might be cool to test them on it. Is there a price target established yet?

GreyLord

Legend
Yes, this assumed you have the 5E core rules. It doesn't repeat the core rules, it just ‘upgrades’ them.

Do you mean that it doesn't repeat the core rules, it just 'upgrades' them...

Or that it has core rules and upgrades them?

I am more curious on whether it has basic character creation rules or is it just the 5 pre-gens in the box. Also, will this be available via online retailers or FLGS's at a later date after the kickstarter?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you mean that it doesn't repeat the core rules, it just 'upgrades' them...

Doesn’t repeat them. The rulebook is just 68 pages and half of it is monsters. No room for an entire PHB!

I am more curious on whether it has basic character creation rules or is it just the 5 pre-gens in the box.

Just pregens which show off the new features.

Also, will this be available via online retailers or FLGS's at a later date after the kickstarter?

If it does well enough on KS, hopefully retailers and distributors will show some interest! :)

Keovar

AKA Thanatos from NKL/NTL days.
Looks like Akanni’s ability scores are still off by a point.
From December last year:
“Akanni is an Adept, with the STR build:
16 13 14 10 14 8
With 27 point-buy or array, that started as:
15 12 14 10 13 8
The Acolyte background increased WIS, which is the set point, and STR, as that’s the only way to get 16.
That means an extra point raised DEX from 12 to 13. I’m wondering where that excess point came from, because A5e only gives 2 ASIs.
At level 4, Akanni added 2 to STR.

Akanni is over by 1 point.
Cenya appears correct.
Diamond is over by 2 points.
Gia appears correct.
Gwyven appears correct.
Hamza is over by 2 points.
Krarg appears correct.
Lily appears correct.
Lux appears correct.
Maika appears correct.
Mara appears correct.
Nox appears correct.
Orla is low by 1 point.
T'lingbet appears correct.
Varskyle appears correct.
Zidi appears correct (but the pregen was missing some information at the time.)

Of course WotC messed up the pregens in Stormwreck Isle too (the halfling rogue should have +3 investigation, not zero, and the high elf wizard‘s Dex save is wrong, and they’re also missing some elf weapon proficiencies.

I hope EN Publishing can do better than WotC has in correcting its pregens.

I love Level Up and this may help get more of my group around to the idea of trying it. I will say that the poor condition of the box set in that image has me suffering serious pains of distress, though! That poor box.

Keovar

AKA Thanatos from NKL/NTL days.
I will say that the poor condition of the box set in that image has me suffering serious pains of distress, though! That poor box.
That's just a graphic, but in the era before resale speculation, you actually used the stuff you liked. Just be glad there's only some scuffing, rather than a corner or two rebuilt with tape.

Remove ads

Remove ads