• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starting a Rogue char. Is mobility worth it?

Darklone

Ich would suggest to take a look at the scout class... mobility and bashing seems to be your shtick. Two levels barbarian, rest scout, grab Improved Skirmish and you're happy. There's nothing like a Power Attacking greatcleaving barbarian with +4d6 skirmish damage on each cleaving attack... at level 6.

Edit: And forget about the mobility feat if you don't need it for a prestige class. Tumble is much better.

Sparafucile

First Post
Ich would suggest to take a look at the scout class... mobility and bashing seems to be your shtick. Two levels barbarian, rest scout, grab Improved Skirmish and you're happy. There's nothing like a Power Attacking greatcleaving barbarian with +4d6 skirmish damage on each cleaving attack... at level 6.
quote]

Are you sure that skirmish damage works on a second attack via cleave? I would interpret that a PC must move the appropriate distance to get the extra damage. . . between every attack. Otherwise, how is it "skirmishing?"

I'd interpret it as a lightning fast flurry of attacks following a sudden shift of movement across the battlefield. The first guy never saw it coming and the second guy didn't have time to react.

The same issue comes up if you use the Powerful Charge feat (additional damage), kill your initial target, and then get a free attack on someone else.

Darklone

Are you sure that skirmish damage works on a second attack via cleave? I would interpret that a PC must move the appropriate distance to get the extra damage. . . between every attack. Otherwise, how is it "skirmishing?"
I am sure. The skirmish definition says pretty clearly that you get the extra damage on all attacks you make in a round after you moved at least 10ft (or 20ft for Imp Skirmish). E.g. You even get the skirmish damage on AoOs after moving enough your turn before.

So, bbn2/scout4, perhaps human... makes 5 feats. Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Powerful Charge and Imp Skirmish... though I'd tend to take something more interesting than Powerful Charge.

Dang, I forgot that you can't take Imp Skirmish yet... would work with two ranger levels and Swift Hunter.

Edit: it works with bbn1/scout5. And I'd rather take Extra Rage than Powerful Charge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads