• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starwars Battlefront: The Inevitable Thread

Just got off work and it's far too early (or late, take your pick) to worry over spelling issues in the Title. ;)

Will I get the game? Most certainly! When will this happen? This is where you come in fellow ENworlders! Let me (and the rest of the EN world) know what you think about this game!! If the reviews are glowing enough I will forgoe my usual wait for the inevitable Best Buy "Ok, sales are down so we'll drop the price to move the over-stock" sale and get it earlier. If there are serious balance or playability issues I'll wait for the sale, and hopefully get to download a patch by that time as well.

Ok, let's have it, what'd you think about this rendition of the Star Wars Universe?

Hatchling Dragon

KenM

Banned
Banned
Got it this morning, just got done messing with it for the first time. I got the PC version. I'm still having a hard time binding my joystick to the starfighters and other vehicles. I don't like the way the menus are, but thats just personal option.
My main gripe with it right now is when you join empty multiplay games, it does not let you spawn to walk around, check things out, ect. It just holds in at the start menu and says "waiting for other players". I would have thought the game would have let you walk around while you waited for people.
Ask away, i'll answer peoples questions best that I can.
The game does track some interesting multiplayer stats:

TANK BUSTER: awarded to the player with the most vehicle kills.
DEAD EYE: The most accurate player.
CAMPER: Denotes the player that stalked out a location the most during a game.
BANTHA FODDER: The player that was killed the most durning game.
PUBLIC ENEMY: awards the most kills by one player in one lifetime.
KILLING SPREE: the player with the most kills in a 5 second window.
SURVIVALIST: Player that got down to 10% health and was healed back to full.
TRAITIOR: the player with the most TK's during a game.
BAIT: The player you killed the most during the game.
NEMESIS: The person the killed you the most during the game.

Last edited:

WingOver

First Post
Why are you using your joystick to control the vehicles? Can't you use your mouse like in Unreal Tournament 2004 or Renegade?

Have you played online yet?

Is it laggy?

KenM

Banned
Banned
I perfer to use joystick for the air vehicles. I use the mouse/ keyboard for everything else. I have tryed online. The gamespy server went down a little while ago though. its back up now, a case of "we'll hype a game up for 9 months, then have the servers crash on launch day because we did not think the demand would be so high" :\ I think. Like any game, sometimes its laggy, sometimes its not. Depends on server.

WingOver

First Post
Thats not a good sign. By the time I get home I'm sure their servers will be way beyond any hope of me playing. :( So I guess I'll practice.

I just got done playing a lot of singleplayer to get used to it(PC version). Fun game, though it takes some tinkering with the vehicle controls just like BF: 1942/Vietnam. Haven't had a chance to play it online yet...

Oh, and jetpacks are fun. :)

Another question, and I've tried briefly looking this up on-line before getting disgusted with the process (as usual), is this based on the '42 or 'nam engine/game?

Over-all, how does this play? Is it more a 'race and grab a vehicle or die' game, much like the Desert Combat mod for '42 is, or much more infantry oriented like the 'Nam game?

Overslept, definately won't get it today. I could, but then I'd either have no time to play, or my very first call-in, which is never good when you're still new at work. :p

Hatchling Dragon

driver8

First Post
Hatchling Dragon said:
Another question, and I've tried briefly looking this up on-line before getting disgusted with the process (as usual), is this based on the '42 or 'nam engine/game?

Over-all, how does this play? Is it more a 'race and grab a vehicle or die' game, much like the Desert Combat mod for '42 is, or much more infantry oriented like the 'Nam game?

Overslept, definately won't get it today. I could, but then I'd either have no time to play, or my very first call-in, which is never good when you're still new at work. :p

Hatchling Dragon

Ask and you shall receive. And yes there are vehicles..

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/battlefront/faq.html

satori01

First Post
Has anyone figured out how to make the jet pack troopers fly or make the droideka roll?
Crouch also does not seem to function on my PC version, despite whichever key I assign it to. Overall the game seems fun, yet the game seems to resist your personalizing the key commands, by simply not accepting your changes, and the documentation with the game is sparse.

Remove ads