Stat this up # 1

Cleon

Legend
i thought they did so they can make use of their craft potion.

Yes, their Potion Making special ability can create an "effect" that counts as a spell for the purpose of creating a potion.

I don't think that's a SLA, though, since it can't cast actually the spell and Potion Making is a (Su) ability rather than (Sp). It's just an ability to satisfying the requirements to Craft a magic item.

Come to think of it, it's odd that the King of the Mushroom People can create these potion-prereq effects one/day for each "spell" it wishes to brew, since brewing a potion requires one day. What's the point of the other ones when it can only use one per day? Well, unless it's circumventing the crafting times by using a Dedicated Wright or something.

Nookie

Explorer
I recall there being a Pr class or something that lets you brew two potions per day. maybe the language was there for that purpose?

ANyway Lets think more about papa shroomling after we finish the basic one.

Cleon

Legend
I recall there being a Pr class or something that lets you brew two potions per day. maybe the language was there for that purpose?

ANyway Lets think more about papa shroomling after we finish the basic one.

Yes, there's no hurry. We haven't even decided whether we'll have an "Elder", and we can leave it 'til after we finish the standard version.

The big argument would be whether he has a beard and red cap, of course. :cool:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
If you go back a few posts, there was a mention of asking if I agreed to the new Con and hp damage for venom quills and pesticide spores. The answer is yes. ;) Any other kinds of spores?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, I guess we have enough. I'm thinking we should make the pesticide DC Con-based. I'd also set the magic mushroom CL at 1st.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, I guess we have enough. I'm thinking we should make the pesticide DC Con-based. I'd also set the magic mushroom CL at 1st.

Oddly, the Monster Manual II third edition Myconid doesn't specify what ability governs the Spores' save DC, although the numbers match up to Con-based except for the Sovereign, who's DC is 1 too low (which means it doesn't match up with any of its abilities).

The Dragon 292 Myconid has Spore DCs that all match up to Con-based except for its Rapport Spores, which are specifically 10 + Cha bonus.

Anyhows, Con-based is OK by me, but I'll wait for Nookie to pitch in before updating the Draft.

Nookie

Explorer
Well the elder Shroomling could be called The Gorri Shroomling (gorri being the Basq word for red where as Urdin is the word for blue)

Remove ads