• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

Arkhandus

First Post
And I'll just point out that EN World has several posters around who actually are rocket scientists, physicists, geneticists, chemists, and other such things (I'm just not one o' them, of course, so I don't remember who is what exactly). :heh:

And the much larger plethora of computer programmers, engineers, mathematicians, and other smart fellas that hang around here. D&D is a geeky hobby that draws more smart folks than otherwise. Smart people will tend to enjoy intellectually stimulating/entertaining hobbies; at least moreso than average people would.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
There's also a difference between people who are math smart and those who are language smart. I know people who can put my math to shame in a heartbeat, but can't string two sentences together without help.

Thurbane

First Post
Fifth Element said:
You forgot to provide a class. Might I suggest Thread Necromancer?
Har har har! :p

...the perils of having to many tabs open in Firefox. I clicked this one from someone's sig, and didn't realise it was as old as it was. ;)

Quartz

Hero
Since we're having another go-around at this, I'll submit myself:

Going by Mr Reynold's 1000 XP / year over 20 guildeline, I'll put myself as a LG (complete goody two-shoes) Human male (duh) Kt 1 (goody two-shoes, but I'l stand up for what's right) / Exp 3 (I'm well-educated and skilled in my area) / Com 2

Feats: Iron Will (I'm stubborn), Skill Focus: Intimidate, Persuasive, Skill Focus: IT

Str: 12 (I'm big)
Int: 14 (quite clever if I do say so myself)
Wis: 10 (average)
Dex: 7 (no manual coordination at all)
Con: 14 (ridiculously healthy; if I were as fit as I am healthy I'd be an 18)
Cha: 7 (nerd!)

Nikroecyst

First Post
Nik
Gnome Barbarian 1/Wizard 4
Stre 12
Dex 9
Con 16
Int 15
Wis 9
Char 8
Feats: Improved Toughness, Power Attack
Skills: Spellcraft, Intimidate, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Religion

I chose Gnome over Human cause I feal that, though I am not exactly a child, I act and am treated like one often. Plus it speaks or my good contitution.

I chose my classes based on the fact that I naturally have a bad temper and it always gets the best of me, despite my efforts. I also find that sitting for hours planning out characters and knowing rules helps calm me. I know alot of obscure knowledge but can't tell you what day of the week it is.

Though I am built well and have a good frame Im currently overweight and out of shape due to a spine injury. Im clumbsy as all heck and am lucky if I dont' spend my day bumping into the walls. I NEVER take medicine or nurse injuries, allowing them to heal themselves, and thus have a very good natural immunity and can take alot of pain. My temper and odd quirks rubb people the wrong way more often then not and make me hard to understand.

I also based my level off of the system previously mentioned (1000 xp/year over 20).

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Human Rogue 1 / Psion (seer) 4

Strength 10
Dexterity 12
Constitution 12
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 8
Charisma 10

Using the 1000xp/year standard. :)

Will

First Post
By the test, I'm apparently a LN Human Fighter 5, with:

Str 10
Dex 11
Con 11
Int 14
Wis 15
Cha 12

So apparently my player is a :):):):)ing idiot. Granted, when I look at the details, I was very close to being a wizard. Also, my alignment was VERY close between L and N (one point off), so I think a more accurate header would be:
TN (lawful, good tendencies) Human Wizard 5.

How I'd judge myself:
Str 8 - I have a bad lower back. While I'd peg my strength of arms and legs at 12 or more individually, the overall package makes for trouble swinging swords or anything Str is normally used for.

Dex 12 - I'm fairly dexterous, I've played piano, etc. And my reflexes are decent.

Con 10 - I don't get sick very often, but it takes me a while to bounce back. And I'm sedentary, so it's not like I'm weathered or inured to the elements.

Int 16 - Based on the IQ thing. I tend to do very well on standardized tests. Functionally my Int might be 14, though.

Wis 12 - I'm fairly perceptive, but I can be lost in my own world at times.

Cha 12 - Sociable, I often employ persuasion and guile to keep my TT game from tearing itself apart. I'm not a master of personality, but I am fairly good at soothing people and interpersonal 'stuff,' though that may be more skill than force of personality.

So not terribly different from the test. Having a bad back didn't come up on the test, and I think the perception thing confused Charisma and Wis a little.

llamatron2000

First Post
1000xp/year over 20

Jason, Exp2

str 10 I've got weight behind me, which makes punches hurt. I can't lift worth a crap, though

dex 10 for a fat guy, I've got decent enough balance. My reflexes aren't bad, but not great.

con 10 I rarely get sick, except with HORRIBLE diseases every once in a while....but asthma and fatness pretty much make this a zero-sum game.

int 16 IQ/10

wis 14 I regularly notice things my friends don't. I'm considered wise. however, I'm lazy, which counts against it, I'm sure

cha 10 Charming when I want to be, but I'm painfully shy. Not much to look at either.

Wystan

Explorer
Wystan said:
Okay I feel the need to contribute:

Race: Human
Class: Expert 2/Cleric (non-spellcasting) 1

Stats:
Str: 11 - Big boy that can lift more that is good for him
Dex: 11 - Deep knee bends and able to hold myself well, but semi-poor Hand Eye Co-ord
Con: 10 - I do not get sick, but that is due to a Disease (odd ain't it) - I do hate Pain
Int: 17 (IQ/10) 18 with the table above
Wis: 12 - I don't tend to do dumb things
Cha: 14 - I never lacked for a friend once I knew how to handle people (it was the learning that hurt)
Skills:
Knowledge Religion: 4
Knowledge Computers: 2
Knowledge Obscure Game Rules: 4
Craft Larp Weaponry: 2
Bluff: 1
Intimidation: 2
Profession - Flea Market Salesman: 3
(just the human skill points for lvl)

My church elected me Head Deacon after 1 1/2 years membership, I lead the Youth Group, and I teach the Junior/Senior High Sunday School.

Now to update a Year and 1/2 Later... :)

Changes:
Str: 10 (got larger, but those are not muscles)
Class: Expert 3/ Cleric (non-spell casting) 1
Skills:
Profession: Customer Service 3
Knowledge: World of Warcraft 4

Remove ads