State of 3rd party products for all d20

Mokona

First Post
Who is still producing OGL (d20 or 3rd edition or v.3.5) roleplaying game supplements? Either directly or under an imprint?

Who is producing material for 4th edition D&D if they either have or have not signed on to the GSL?

For that matter, is anyone producing material for OSRIC (and who are they)?

White Wolf?
Green Ronin?
Paizo?
Alderac?
Mongoose?
Fantasy Flight?
Guardians of Order?

What big names in d20 publishing are no longer producing any d20, OGL, or GSL material? :(

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Who is still producing OGL (d20 or 3rd edition or v.3.5) roleplaying game supplements? Either directly or under an imprint?

Who is producing material for 4th edition D&D if they either have or have not signed on to the GSL?

For that matter, is anyone producing material for OSRIC (and who are they)?

White Wolf?
Green Ronin?
Paizo?
Alderac?
Mongoose?
Fantasy Flight?
Guardians of Order?

What big names in d20 publishing are no longer producing any d20, OGL, or GSL material? :(

There's an EN World wiki with this information with regard to 4E.

As for 3.5 - the only print company that is still making significant numbers of 3.5 stuff is Paizo. (And doing an awesome job too!)

There are a couple of .pdf/print companies - such as Open Design and Tricky Owlbear that are also still making 3.5 stuff.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
There's an EN World wiki with this information with regard to 4E.

As for 3.5 - the only print company that is still making significant numbers of 3.5 stuff is Paizo. (And doing an awesome job too!)

Agreed! I anxiously await my monthly does of Paizo goodness.

There are a couple of .pdf/print companies - such as Open Design and Tricky Owlbear that are also still making 3.5 stuff.

I think there's a few more than that. Louis Porter Jr. is still making 3.5 stuff, to the best of my knowledge, as is 0one games. I know there's more than that, but I can't think of who it might be. If there's really a shortage of new 3rd edition adventures coming out, I could always work to fill some of that void eventually.

Aside from standard 3.5, there's a lot going on in OGL. Pathfinder, C&C, Spycraft 2.0, Darwin's World, Modern20, True20 (and licensed games). I think there's actually more going on in the specialty d20 games than there is with 3.5 support.

Aus_Snow

First Post
As above. And M&M! :)

Also, Conan d20 is still doing well for Mongoose, and they're still printing new books for it.

Guardians of Order is no longer extant, btw.

Ghostwind

First Post
Now that my health is starting to come back around, I am hoping to get back on the release schedule starting with a DragonWing pdf release this month for 3.5 edition.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I think I mentioned it in another thread, but well, Sinister Adventures is looking great, with their Dark Vistas and Dark Horizons lines. I already know how good some of their stuff is.

Freedom's Most Wanted, then Warriors & Warlocks, and Mecha & Manga, are - I believe - the next (non-3PP) products coming out for M&M.

Warrior's Handbook (for True20) either just came out, or was just announced as being in print, IIRC. And other companies are producing books for that system as well.

re: 1e, Expeditious Retreat Press are still making adventures for that system (via OSRIC, presumably). And there are others too.

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
Let's upon asking, I have been told that

- Green Ronin will be updating the Master Class books in pdf as OGL at some point.
- Silverthorne will be updating existing products to OGL as pdf.

Note: In both instances, I did not ask about print releases.

I also recall reading that Skirmisher was updating to OGL as well, but I may be wrong.

And, Monte has alread said that Malhavoc won't be going 4e.

Remove ads