• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stats for Verbeeg

KnightFever

First Post
Does anyone knows where I could find the stats for the verbeeg, a kind of giants (a cross between an ogre and a hill giant) which appeared for the first time in MM2 1st edition ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Filby

First Post
Hrm, it's not really a cross between a hill giant and an ogre so much as a very large human.

Anyway, you can find stats in this thread. It's the last post on the page.

Invictus_pox

First Post
Unfortunately there was a naming mix-up in 5e. The Verbeeg can be found in Volo's Guide to Monsters under the misnomer: Firbolg.

Verbeeg and Firbolg both first appeared, in D&D, at least , in the same printing, namely Monster Manual II (1983). They are fairly distinct races, and looking now at my physical copy of MM2, the 5e Firbolg far more resembles it's 1st edition counterpart far more than the AD&D Verbeeg, in both size and description. What's more, the Verbeeg seem to posses none of the friendly, fey-touched qualities the Firbolg are now known, as they were then, instead being described as treacherous bullies.
No, it seems the inclusion of the much more memorable Firbolg race, and the exclusion (at this time) of the nearly-forgotten and silly-named Verbeeg, seems entirely intentional. Stay tuned, though. Never Know what stat block just might get included in the next book or two, and until then, there is always homebrew

MarkB

Legend
While this is the second time this thread has been necro'd since it was originally posted in 2005, I will just add that there are now official 5e stats for the Verbeeg in Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads