• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Stats needed: Dragon Skeleton

Allensh

Explorer
Does anyone know if one of these exists in one of the Adventure paths or some such? I'm pretty new at this and the template thing is kind of confusing me. I'd prefer to just steal a stat block from somewhere :) Thanks!

Allen

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Unfortunately, the closest I can find is brinebones in Skull & Shackles (#60) on p. 27. But he's a bronze electric skeleton gargantuan undead (CR 13).

Does anyone know if one of these exists in one of the Adventure paths or some such? I'm pretty new at this and the template thing is kind of confusing me. I'd prefer to just steal a stat block from somewhere :) Thanks!

Allen
Hit up Hero Lab:

Skeletal Very Young Black Dragon
Dragon, Black, Very Young Skeleton
NE Small undead (water)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
Defense
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural)
hp 39 (6d8)
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Offense
Speed 60 ft., swim 60 ft.
Melee bite +7 (1d6+3/×2) and 2 claws +7 (1d4+2/×2) and claw +7 (1d3+2/×2)
Statistics
Str 15, Dex 16, Con —, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18 (22 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills Swim +10
Languages Draconic

I doubt it would fly, being a skeleton and all. If you want to rule otherwise it's got a fly speel of 150 ft.

*Technically* because of the size and damage it'd be CR 8 but the hitpoints, AC, and attacks are more in line with a CR 5 or 6 creature. It's damage output can be very high if it focuses fire, so be warned.

I was thinking the skeleton of a Red Dragon, huge size. Could go up to gargantuan.
Oops, missed this.
Let's see what I can do. If I use the red young adult statblock but increase the size we get...

Dragon, Red, Very Young Skeleton
NE Gargantuan undead (fire)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
Defense
AC 12, touch 6, flat-footed 12 (-4 size, +6 natural)
hp 58 (9d8)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Offense
Speed 40 ft., fly 250 ft. (clumsy)
Melee bite +19 (4d6+25/×2) and 2 claws +19 (3d6+17/×2) and claw +19 (6d6+17/×2) and tail slap +14 (3d6+25/×2) and 2 wings +14 (2d6+8/×2)
Space 20 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
Statistics
Str 45, Dex 10, Con —, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +6; CMB +27; CMD 37 (41 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills
Languages Common, Draconic

Now, the AC and hp of this bad boy are still within acceptable limits of a level 3 party the increase in size *really* ups the damage. They do NOT want to get hit by this guy and a full attack will tear them to shreds.

Allensh

Explorer
Thank you! Yes, this is a nasty beastie in terms of damage! But it is kind of supposed to be :) I really appreciate this!

Allen

Remove ads