Status of Adventure 3 - Digging for Lies

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Should we regard the rough publication schedule found in the Campaign Guide as delayed by approximately one month on an ongoing basis?

As someone who began the campaign last July (anticipating that a month-long break over August would give time for the adventure path to catch up with me), I have already run several 'buffer' adventures between #1 & #2.

At the time, when adventure #2 was delayed, I asked wether this would have a knock-on effect on #3 and was told it would not - that #3 was almost 'in the bag' so to speak, and the delay to #2 was due to the unforseeable departure of one of the artists. If that statement had not been made, I would have run more 'buffer' sessions before starting #2.

I mention this only because the Christmas break was hardly 'unforseeable', and yet we now have a delay of the kind I anticipated back in October.

Please note: this is not a complaint (although it might sound like one). In other words, I am not concerned about what has happened in the past or up to now, except insofar as it might affect the future. When it comes to an ongoing adventure path, it is important for DMs to know when the next adventure is coming out.

I already planned to run a few buffer sessions, again to allow the path to catch up with me, with the hopeful effect of ending up a month or so behind the release of each adventure. But I will probably finish #2 in the next two weeks. So my buffer adventures (consisting of perhaps four sessions) will only have the desired effect if #4 is released on schedule (assuming #3 takes roughly the same amount of sessions to play through as #2).

If we are likely to see an April release date for Always On Time it would be great to know in advance, because then I could look at running an actual adventure before starting Digging for Lies.

The 4e version is done, except that we've got only low-res versions of some of the illustrations. We're trying to get that worked out so we have print-quality images. If you need it I could send it along to you.

gideonpepys

Yes, please! It would be very helpful to have it this weekend if possible. I'd like to seed my buffer adventure with appropriate hooks and references. (Plus, I can print it out in work, and I'm off the week after!)

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Apart from the non-final art, it also still has "page xx"-itis. But it is otherwise all but final (meaning it IS final apart from those two things, unless I spot something else that needs changing on my last review).

gideonpepys

Nice one! Can't wait.

In fact, I'd still like to take up RangerWickett's offer of a preview copy, if I may.

gideonpepys

[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] - I've sent you a personal message and an email with my address. Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads