• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Steer a vessel Action?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I'm currently editing the Cosmonomicon Alpha release (groan), and I seem to be spending a lot of time typing "move-equivalent action". I am going to create a new action that I am calling "Steer a vessel". It's a move-equivalent action similar to "Open a door" or "Draw a weapon", that is defined as:

Controlling a vessel sufficient to cause it to move up to its remaining Speed for that turn, and to perform no more Max Turns than its Total Turn rating allows per action.

How does that grab you lot? If anyone's still here. It would help if Actions generally weren't so confusingly described in the PHB.

Sorry I've been a little slow on the editing. Actually getting a pdf turned into a text file required more searching around than I expected.

BlackJaw

First Post
Back...

Sorry, I was in europe for about 3 weeks.

Yah, anything that makes it easier to understand the game is better.

I think it might be good to have 3 types of vessel control actions:
One that is not an action. (hovering vessels)
one that is a move-equivilent action (normal move & shoot)
one that is a full round action. (focused on flying)

For the record, before I left I had started on writting the vessel construction section. Man this is hard work, fun but hard.

Remove ads