• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STILL No Character Builder Update?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'll be curious to see what the end results are going to be.

For example, if they can't handle updating the CB now, what's going to happen if they ever come out with another tool? The Monster bit is still in beta.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an increased announced soon.

Jack99

Adventurer
I'll be curious to see what the end results are going to be.

For example, if they can't handle updating the CB now, what's going to happen if they ever come out with another tool? The Monster bit is still in beta.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an increased announced soon.

I do not things you can compare. The issue this month is because the Essentials AND Dark Sun both have introduced major changes to the baseline classes. I doubt we will see as large changes in the near future. Which means that once another tool is released, they will hopefully be able to cope. That said, an increase in price is of course always possible.

Now that my Online DM (@TheClone) has offered to run a Dark Sun campaign for our "short one player of the normal campaign" I desperately need the update now.

<- This is me, mad-foam-raging on the possibility that I cannot update the CB tomorrow.

Mika

First Post
The latest information we have from WoTC is that the September 21 update was moved back to early October.
You're suggesting they have until November 1st to make it by the end of early October?
I think most of us reasonably expected to get the update by October 15 at the latest, if they were to meet the above estimated deadline.

Since these updates usually occur on a Tuesday, we are left with either the 5th (tomorrow) or the 12th (next week) as the only likely times for an "early October" update -- the 19th is definitely NOT "early October".

The bad news is that we have not heard even a hint of a Character Builder update tomorrow -- and we all know what happened the last time it was left off the Content Calendar.

The good news is that we also have not heard even a hint that the announcement in July of a major rules update tomorrow has been postponed. Unlike the Character Builder updates, rules updates are not normally posted on the Content Calendar -- so the default assumption is that we will get that, at least, tomorrow.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
God bless the Internet and the fanboys that live there.
Well, thanks. I rather like it here on the internet.

Sadly, the WotC fanboys are already jumping on this thread making little and fun of our dissatisfaction.
I have done no such thing! In fact, I've pretty much stayed out of the DDI update threads.

I've come to the conclusion that fanboy is the generic label given to anyone who doesn't have an anti-wotc stance and doesn't agree with the other poster.
Fanboy is what my dear mom used to call me back in Canada. We'd hang out by a hole in the ice, waiting for seals to pop out for dinner, (mmmmmm, seal) and she'd call me her little fanboy. Never mind what the "fan" part meant. It definitely had nothing to do with methane.

I can't belive that we ar eyet to hear anything... :erm:

If they knew today that it wasn't ready for tomorro and didn't let us know...:mad:

I don't understand why they can't tell us what is going on...:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads