Still no Gardmore Abbey map/art galleries

Bold or Stupid

First Post
So, question. Years ago I was a DDI subscriber, and I still have my various Dungeon and Dragon magazine pdfs saved to my HDD. If I join for a month, do I only get access to the current magazines, or can I go grab all of the old ones I missed as well? That would definitely make the $10 worth it to me.

Everything is available old and new.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
And exactly how often would this one-off investment be needed? It does not solve the original complaint, that such things should be available for the people who bought the adventure.

Only as often as WotC puts out material in DDI that you find to be worth $10. If the accumulation of material since the last time you had an active subscription exceeds $10 worth of value to you, you subscribe and download it. If it doesn't, you wait until it does.

The art and maps ARE available for the people who bought the adventure; they are NOT, however, available at no extra cost. I understand that you think this is a bad business practice or unfair or something along those lines. I don't see it that way. It's an extra bonus to make a DDI subscription more valuable, and to me, it's worth it. If it's not worth it to you, that's okay.

GuJiaXian

Explorer
Okay, I bit the bullet and paid my $10. However, it looks like Dragon and Dungeon magazines from January 2011 on aren't compiled as pdfs. Additionally, it looks like the editorial and such isn't available as a pdf at all. Am I missing something, or will my local, downloaded library of D&D magazines just end with the 12/2010 issues?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
You're not missing anything - they stopped compiling the issues starting January 2011, despite the outcry of angry subscribers. Anecdotally, a lot of folks said they were quitting DDi in protest. I don't know how many actually did.

It was an annoying change, but I've adapted - I just started making folders in my Dungeon and Dragon magazine archive named for the issue, then dumping all the articles for that month in there. A minor inconvenience, but it actually makes some of the articles easier to find for me, since I can see what's in a given issue/folder at a glance without having to load the PDFs ToC.

Remove ads