Stink in Ship's Towers

ajanders

Explorer
(Curses! Now I must acquire more books!)

The first thing Kenn does is raise his eyebrow at the man offering him 125 galifars for the mail shirt.

"Do I look like a bumpkin from the Reaches? At 200 galifars you'd be getting a bargain. Or is that the cash you're offering as well as another 125 galifars in store credit?"

Kaodi

Hero
( I suppose we should go through and make a list of the expenses we incurred over the course of the adventure, so we have all the information we need to get through 2nd-level character sheets up and running. )

( 3 galifars for information (1 Veyk, 2 Kenn), rooms 3 galifars (2 Veyk, 1 Khuther), 1 sovereign for whiskey (Veyk), 1 galifar for absinthe (Kenn), 1 galifar for drinks (Khuther), 8 galifars for healing (Veyk, unless someone wants to pay him back, hehehe)... So... Veyk 11 gp 1 sp, Kenn 3 gp, Khuther 2 gp... Sound about right? )

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
[sblock]Seems about right, please npc khuther for the next weeks as im going on vacation. Khuther is not buying anything special and i will level him up as soon as possible
-DH[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn blinks, and continues to press the shopkeeper on his ridiculous price for mastercrafted chain shirts.
He'd very much like to discuss mastercrafted pistol crossbows with some intelligent shop keeper.
And darkweave cloaks.
And possibly converting the rapier into a swordcane, but he suspects he'll run out of money before he does all three of those.

Knight Otu

First Post
"200? We're a business, not a charity! You could almost buy a new high-quality chain shirt for that price, and this one is used, worn out, and dirty! See those marks? It was worn in combat, and it shows. We'll have to clean and mend it, and that's no cheap work. If you believe that you can sell a chain shirt, no matter what quality, for two hundred galifars, you should check if those galifars are genuine."

(In case there is a confusion, masterwork chain shirt costs 250 gp, or 125 gp when sold. Masterwork only adds 150 gp to armor costs.)

Veyk hears that a cloak like he seeks isn't currently available, but should be easily be made. When it's done, it'll be sent to him, or the money back if it can't.

(Thanks for the notice DH. Of course, the adventure is pretty much wrapped up, so I don't expect any NPCing to follow.)

ajanders

Explorer
DOH!
Forgot.
Thanks.

Kenn takes the 125 galifar price.
He sells the MW Chain shirt and the MW studded leather, gets the potion, rapier, and vials identified, and then looks to see how much gold there is.
It should be

125 for the MW chain shirt
87 for the MW studded leather

212 total

less
110 for rapier ID
1 for potion ID
6 to identify 6 vials of stuff

Final total 95 gp.
Pay Veyk back 8 gp for healing leaves Kenn with 87 gp.

It'd be good to know what the potion is, but then the rest of my stuff can be handled off camera.

And then Kenn blinks.
"We did free Umalapoap's family, right?"

Knight Otu

First Post
The rapier is +1. The potion is bull's strength. The oil is oil of taggit, a somewhat slow ingested poison that can induce unconciousness.
Oil of taggit; Ingested DC 15; No initial damage; Secondary damage unconsciousness; Market price 90 gp

You did free Ulmoapop's family, and got the wand he promised you off the Eel.

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk stares off in to the sky for a while, going over in his mind what has happened to him in the last few days, and the effectiveness of his rougher persona.

" So, is that it then? Shall we find a nice cozy inn to rest for a few days, before heading back to that tavern? " Veyk asks.

" I suppose that you have proven yourself to me, my countryman. I said before that we Cyrans had to stick together, and I meant it. I must admit that I still prefer my own company to that of others, but should another opportunity arise, I would not turn down your companionship on another job or adventure. "

" If more work is not forthcoming to us, perhaps we could find that Cami girl and see if she has anything for us. Work is work, especially in these dark days. "

( I've pretty much fixed up a new sheet for Veyk, but I will wait for your go ahead to send it. )

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
"The days are getting brighter."
Kenn speaks to Veyk quietly.
"I remember a few things. I think there's more to death than Dollurh."

OOC: Kenn sells all six vials of the taggit oil to a healer. Working on the levelup now.

Edit 3/25/07: Levelup completed and submitted.

Last edited:

Remove ads