Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

Patlin

Explorer
I saw the note in General Discussion. What's the situation? El Jefe was Judge, and had to take over from a disapeared DM? Looking back, it looks like that was fairly recently, and unfortunately at about the time El Jefe became hard to find.

As I understand it, you folks want to wrap up and head back to the inn?

The time XP numbers look right, for what it's worth. If you were willing to wait for El Jefe to get back, he might award something on top of that. Otherwise, anyone who wants to head back to the inn with just the time XP may do so.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Yes, that's an accurate assessment. I'd rather El Jefe wrapped it up, but he must not have this thread subscribed to or something, because he comes and goes from it. I figure he frequents the general discussion thread, so I left a post there. I can give it another few days. Shall we set a deadline, say, 5 days from now? If there's no El Jefe response by then, we'll take our XP over time and go. Votes?

El Jefe

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Yes, that's an accurate assessment. I'd rather El Jefe wrapped it up, but he must not have this thread subscribed to or something, because he comes and goes from it. I figure he frequents the general discussion thread, so I left a post there. I can give it another few days. Shall we set a deadline, say, 5 days from now? If there's no El Jefe response by then, we'll take our XP over time and go. Votes?
OoC: I dropped Ashin's Commission to try to free up some time for this and other things. In terms of having to generate a lot of background stuff to push the adventure forward, this is much less demanding than that one, so I hope to keep it going. My apologies for the rather erratic pace so far this year. Part of that was due to waiting longer than I should have for LiquidBlue, and part of it was dealing with a lot of stuff outside the game on my end.

IC: As Alden scouted around, he discovered that due to the road passing through a narrow defile at this point, the area around the boulder was hidden from view from anyone more than a hundred paces on either side of it. A daring group of bandits could ambush someone here without being seen, although with the traffic on the road, they'd have to time their attack well to overwhelm someone and make off with their booty without getting caught. Perhaps with a lookout on the hills above to give the signal, a well-disciplined group could accomplish this.

hafrogman

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]We all understand that real life interrupts some times, I can sympathise with getting a bit flooded at times with a lot of stuff at once. But I think the key is that most of us were hoping for a bit faster pacing. If you think you can keep up, then by all means, we should try. But you have other things in your life as well, and if those aren't leaving enough time here, then it would probably be best for all involved if we ended this one. That way we aren't a burden on your time, and the characters aren't sitting idle. For now it's your call.[/sblock]

"It certainly seems like this is the place for an ambush, it is well concealed and hardly what I would call well populated. But there's nobody here now. I still believe that they leave someone in the town ahead to run back and inform their group of caravans that have stopped for water. Then a scout watches the road and signals those behind the boulder. Let's see what Quarion manages to extract. Perhaps the bandits have a lair around here, or perhaps they all live in that town ahead."

He settles down to joins the others in their meal while they wait for word from the druid.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

hafrogman said:
"It certainly seems like this is the place for an ambush, it is well concealed and hardly what I would call well populated. But there's nobody here now. I still believe that they leave someone in the town ahead to run back and inform their group of caravans that have stopped for water. Then a scout watches the road and signals those behind the boulder. Let's see what Quarion manages to extract. Perhaps the bandits have a lair around here, or perhaps they all live in that town ahead."

He settles down to joins the others in their meal while they wait for word from the druid.

Eanos nods to his companion's assessment, and eats quietly while he waits to see if the druid can find help from the animal kingdom.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I hate to say this for the umpteenth time, but let's move to RDI. Reference this thread as the "chonological end" of this adventure, and this one for experience and rewards. Sorry for dragging this out so long. We tried! See you guys there.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said he can't keep this up. I think the remainders are all due an extra month of XP, and it's probably best if you then head to the RDI.

If I have it right, that would mean..
Quarion earns 150 XP
Alden earns 50 XP
Eanos earns 200 XP

If that's good with you all, head to the RDI. El Jefe is sorry, and having gotten an e-mail update from him, RL has not been fair to him in any way.

jkason

First Post
Ooc

Bront said:
El Jefe said he can't keep this up. I think the remainders are all due an extra month of XP, and it's probably best if you then head to the RDI.

If I have it right, that would mean..
Quarion earns 150 XP
Alden earns 50 XP
Eanos earns 200 XP

If that's good with you all, head to the RDI. El Jefe is sorry, and having gotten an e-mail update from him, RL has not been fair to him in any way.

27 points from 5th level. :eek: If only there'd been a random beastie. ;)

Thanks, Bront, for the official closure. And our best to El Jefe.

jason

Remove ads