• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - The Beginning

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Oh, oh no..." Leilani whispers as she watches Daelyn's crossbow strike true. "It's wounded... we're in for a real fight now."

She clumsily reloads her crossbow, takes aim, and lets loose at Daelyn's target.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ararion cautiously steps forward, blade held close and pointed out at the creatures. His left hand is up and to the side, both for balance and for possibly shoving snapping jaws out of the path to his body.

[sblock=OOC]
5-ft step to C8, Ready Attack against first enemy to get into melee range. For convenience, I've attached an attack roll to this post.

AC 17 HP 7/7
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
CaveMapRound4.jpg

Leilani shoots again, but the bolt flies wide once more. Ararion cautiously moves a step forward, blade ready to dive into the beast. As he steadies himself, the two beasts move as one, lunging forward due to being provoked. The darker one lunges at Daelyn, who had wounded it but fails to find anything open. The recent wounds seem to have taken their toll, as it seems to have used a lot of energy to come at Daelyn.

The lighter foe moves to Silvas, teeth searching for a place to grab onto. (Forgot modifier, beast hit for 11 dmg) It finds Silvas' arm, barely, but seems to be intent on taking down anything and everything as it wildly lashes his arm. Silvas is brought down easily, as the beast throws him to the side. It snarls at Lune, eying him as its next target.

The battle does not seem to be going well, as the lighter foe seems to be the one more dangerous than the other...
[sblock=Actions]Leilani - Attack and Miss
Ararion - 5 foot step, ready action
Enemy 1 - (AC 12, 6 dmg taken) Charge and miss
Enemy 2 - (AC 12, 0 dmg taken) Charge and hit for 11 dmg (Silvas now at -1HP)[/sblock]
OOC:
Combat Order:
Lune
Olek
Miranda
Silvas
Daelyn

Leilani
Ararion

Last edited:

Sphyh

First Post
Silvas lets out a scream as the beast lands a fierce bite and goes to the ground hard.

[sblock=ooc]
wow really... gay

could you explain how you will be do rolling for future reference?
im guessing the attack rolls dont include their modifiers. that is we are not privy to that info or the attack rolls?

cause silvas has an 18 AC and he rolled a 9 and hit
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The brutal scene he saw was enough for Lune. "Take down the other one while I get this one! Hurry!!". Taking a step forward, he hold his shield high and prays.
OOC: Total Defense.

Axel

First Post
Olek

Watching the beasts close rapidly, Olek waits until they are within a few feet before launching his attack. With a roar, he steps forward and swings his greataxe overhead in a mighty arc, bringing it crashing down onto the wounded beast's neck.

With a smile of pure, savage pleasure at being in battle once more he yells "Get behind me!! All of you!"

[sblock=ooc]
5' step to D9
Std action: Attack beast 1. If its AC22 or better I'm running away damnit, especially if it hits that hard.

[MENTION=34997]Sphyh[/MENTION] Sorry Silvas got taken down in the first round. Level 1 combat sucks that way sometimes... With any luck we'll win in time to save him (on the presumption Lune survives!). If it makes you feel any better, 11 damage would've taken down everyone in the party other than Olek - and your AC is better than most. Think of it as saving the 4HP wizard and sorceror from an early grave?
[/sblock]

[sblock=combat]
AC: 14 / 10 (T) / 14 (FF)
HP: 13/13

Fort: +5
Ref: +0
Will: +2

Weapon equipped: Greataxe (2 handed), +5 to hit, 1d12+4 damage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
With any luck we'll win in time to save him (on the presumption Lune survives!). If it makes you feel any better, 11 damage would've taken down everyone in the party other than Olek - and your AC is better than most. Think of it as saving the 4HP wizard and sorceror from an early grave?
OOC: I considered healing Silvas, but I thought doing so would only drop you again, and leaving Lune open for a vicious counter attack. +4 is a decent amount at level 1. (AC 21 right now)

Axel

First Post
OOC: I considered healing Silvas, but I thought doing so would only drop you again, and leaving Lune open for a vicious counter attack. +4 is a decent amount at level 1. (AC 21 right now)

OOC: FWIW (speaking as the player, not the character), I think you made the right move. Still, Silvas was AC18 and got munched by a 9. Lune could be hit for 11 points (KO?) by a 12 or better. Nasty vicious bloody things...

Graybeard

Explorer
Miranda

Miranda watched in horror as the beast tore into Silvas, leaving him bleeding on the ground. So far the group's attacks on the beast have been mostly ineffective. Tossing aside her empty crossbow, she conjures up the power within her. Leveling her gaze at the beast that attacked Silvas, she points an outstretched finger at it.

"Take this."

A missile of pure force flies from her finger to strike the beast unerringly.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Lune moves to protect the wounded archer, standing vigilant over the body. The dwarf is enraged by the outcome of the beasts attack, as he savagely brings down the beast in one fell swoop of his greataxe. He nearly severs the head, as the blood pours freely and soaks into the ground.

The second beast simply howls in dismay, seeing the first wolf-like creature succumb to the assault. Not sure what it should do, a single magical force hits it squarely in the head. Miranda had tossed away her weapon in favor of her more useful talents.

The beast is obviously unsure of what to do, as it looks at the fallen beast, whimpering at times, and then to the group.

[sblock=Update]Yes - sorry, but this was designed to be a TOUGH encounter. Their attack modifier is +11. One is down, second beast is still up, but you can now tell that it is unsure of what to do now that the first is defeated. The damage to Silvas was the MINIMAL damage. Daelyn, Leilani and then Ararion are up. Then the beast will react...[/sblock]

Remove ads