Stonefist Academy - The Beginning

Axel

First Post
Olek

"Well, that is quite a tale Miranda," Olek begins. "I don't dream of dragons and battles myself. Still, I imagine it must be a truly heroic sight - seeing a dragon in person. I don't know if any still live around these parts anymore. Perhaps one day I will see one myself," he adds wistfully, taking another mouthful of Gunderg's.

"I am surprised you have met another Dwarf in your short life. We don't travel much beyond our lands, and live around others far less. You mention common complaints by our own tales - that we are grumpy, brash and boastful. It isn't true, I tell you. We simply grow tired of other races seeking shortcuts to real achievements. That way leads to demon worshipping and the dark gods. Still, I am the first to leave my stronghold in generations, which means your father's father did not know any of my kin. Maybe my kin are different to other Dwarves that live in these parts. This title is not an achievement I am proud of...though I must also add that it feels as if Moradin's will has driven me forward, to new regions. Perhaps we have all been gathered in one place at the will of the gods themselves?"

jackslate45

First Post
"I do not think I wish to meet a dragon. I have heard many stories about their terrible strength and power. I would rather deal with an army of undead then stand toe to toe against such a creature." Lune says, shuddering at the thought.

"As for why we gathered here, I am always believing of the Gods work in all that we do. They always reveal their plans in the end. And even if you do not worship one, I assure you that at least one has their eye on you." He glances at his hand, with the lightning bolt of Heironeous on it.

Axel

First Post
Olek

"Hmmmph!" is all Olek can manage to reply to Lunne. "My belief in Moradin's guiding influence is the ONLY reason I set a foot beyond the door of my ancestral home. It is unnatural for a Dwarf to be beyond the reach of his kin in times of need. Though that makes me unnatural in the eyes of my family as I desire to travel, I travel with the permission and blessings of Moradin the All-Father and his priests. That is enough for me. As it should be for all of you. He will watch over me, and guide my actions to his plan. In turn I will watch over all of you as best I know how, and keep you all from harm as I am able. Even the elf, thrice damn his absent, lilly-white hide!"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
As the night wears on, the drinks continue to flow and the laughter increases. New faces dot the tables, as it would seem that other students are returning from their leave and getting one last night of enjoyment in before they return to the rigors of the Academy life.

When you awaken, it is just early enough to clothe yourself and eat a light breakfast prepared on the first level of the training grounds. As you headed downstairs from your rooms, other students bustled about their business. Some take interest in you being a new student, while others have more pressing matters to attend to.

Your first day of training is one of mixed results. You are thrown into the throng of classes and sessions one after another, for many hours before lunch is served. At first, you wonder why you are sent into the various sessions of swordplay, spears, two-handed weapons, archery, shield defense and grappling. Then, after lunch, you are sent into another series of sessions dealing with more intellectual aspects of training, such as lock picking, herbal identifications, alchemical components, arcane writings, cantrips of both arcane and divine nature and the chance to pour over hundreds of books on various topics.

This continues until dusk begins, at which time you are beckoned to Ferro's side once more. "Today was a testament to the sheer amount of possibilities that we offer here at the Academy. You have merely scratched the surface of the paths you may take, and those that would interest you. From what the trainers and I have noted, we see no reason that you would not be able to flourish here."

"We ask that you choose two disciplines at least, in which you would be trained in and tested regularly. You will train with the trainers with those disciplines daily, for 2 hours each. If you would like more disciplines, then you may take them as well, but with only 1 hour of training for each. This allows you to focus on your main training, while still allowing alternate avenues of your choosing."

"We train 6 days a week, and you get the 7th day off to do as you wish. As you note as well, there will be times when we may have tasks that we are requested to assist with, and should you qualify, you may undertake them. We ask that you obey the trainers, and be courteous to the others. Our doors are open to all that wish to learn and abide by our rules."

"And one last thing. There will be tests at anytime. Anything could be a test, so please perform to the best of your abilities."

Ferro then bows to you all, and adds, "When you have decided which disciplines to pursue, please let me know. Your training will focus on those from now on, with the ability to change them to something else at a later date."

He gives you time to decide, and will even allow the rest of the evening to dwell on the decisions.

[sblock=Disciplines] Please choose two things to focus your training in. They can be broad, like Melee Combat, or precise like Forgery. They can be a skill to learn/practice, or a form of combat. Once decided, I will move this along to a little after 3 weeks of training. Also, this will give me a chance to see where you see your characters growing.[/sblock]

Remove ads