• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

drothgery

First Post
"I've got a rope set up here." Daellin says, loud enough that Ashlyn and Marot can hear him. Then he climbs down, and prepares to fight again.

(if it's possible, take a 5' step out of the fray and use manyshot to fire two arrows at Danovich)

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn uses her blade and every ounce of strength that she can muster to try to lever up the trapdoor.

[Strength check - Use action point to improve roll (move action); Do this twice if necessary]
[If Ashlyn get's the trapdoor open, then take a 5ft step down the stairs and turn undead (Effective level 3, turn +6, damage 2d6+7)]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Jarrith lands, soon to be followed by Sir Urik... he sees that things in the basement are a little less well in hand than they were up above. As the zombies, skeleton, and the weirdly stitched creature shuffle towards them all, he wonders what he should do.

"Danovich! Face me! You and your curs must face Those that Overwatch to answer for your foulness!" "Fine, the powers that abandoned me will be your doom!"

Sir Urik and the halfling named Danovich exchange barbs to one another, and Jarrith finally sees the large bite that's been taken out of Janis' shoulder... the muscle and bone now exposed to the air. As the undead creatures all move in... Jarrith only can say one small phrase.

"Uh oh."

OOC: Will wait for all the enemies and Janis to act before posting my own actions, since both Jarrith and Khensu's actions will be dependant on who is still on their feet when initiative reaches 13.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Church Round 5 (Partial)

The skeleton steps forward, it claws attempting to tear into Janis. Though dazed, she manages to just stumble out of the way, sparing her life for a few more seconds. [Skeleton 5' step to I6 downstairs; full attack misses]

The two remaining zombies turn their efforts on the foe that fell from the sky---Urik. Their attacks are clumsy, however, and miss the sickened knight.

Her mind reeling from the unholy might of the monstrosity's blow, Janis cannot focus long enough to defend her self or attack. Her remaining image merges with her, and two Jani now stand dazed in one space.

Furor on Danovich's mad face, the fallen priest spits out another foul spell, this time at knight. Urik stiffens, his weakened mind and sickened body struggling for a moment against the spell. Then he breaks free! Danovich screams in fury! [*Barely* saves vs hold person]

The monstrosity turns a moment towards the mad priest's screams, as it dumbly moans, "Fa-ther?" It then turns its attention back to the wounded Janis. It bites savagely at her at her twin once again, but fate is with the mage briefly as her last image is masticated by the brute. [50% to hit Janis failed; image destroyed]

As she feels the clammy skin of the creature pass within inches of her face, Janis is able to overcome unnatural pain, and her senses clear. Only now does she feel the full brunt of the necromantic disease festering within her. [No longer dazed; still sickened]

Church Round 5 (Partial)

(Map forthcoming)​

S: 23
B: 21 [Dead]
Z: 20 [F8: destroyed, I7: destroyed, L5: destroyed; others: unhurt]
J: 16 [8/40, 1 hp non-lethal, -700 XP, inspired 1 rounds, mage armor, sickened]
D: 16 [moderately wounded, provoked 6 rounds]
B: 14 [-4 (lightly wounded)]
DL: 13 [destroyed]
K: 13 [50/55, inspired 2 rounds]
J: 22 [31/31, 2 non-lethal, inspired 2 rounds]
A: 11 [40/49, inspired 2 rounds]
D: 10 [24/31 hp, inspired 2 rounds]
U: 10 [45/59, inspired 2 rounds]
M: 4 [30/34, inspired 2 rounds]

Light: Shadow illumination (20% miss chance) outside of Khensu's torch.

Map Key: A: Ashlyn, B: Stitched-together corpse, D: Daellin, D: Danovich, DL: Magic-infused undead, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Valo, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, r: raven, S: Blackened skeleton, U: Sir Urik, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: Mist grants concealment to creatures 30' away. Cyan Border: mirror image, Dark green Border: Sickened, Light Green Border: Entangled, Olive: dazed, Orange Border: Inspired (+1 save vs fear, charm, compulsion; +1 to hit and damage), White: unconscious, Transparent: Dead, White Border: Paralyzed.

[Round 5 actions?]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith watches with horror as the monstrosity rears back and then dives forward with it's jaws at the magess. As the teeth snap through her final illusory form, Jarrith can't help but be relieved. As the blood, muscle and bone ooze out of her shoulder, he leans it to the young woman. "Don't worry... I've got you..."

Jarrith reaches out with his arm and places his fist against the middle of her back. His eyes close and he mumbles a quick prayer, asking the Flame to exchange his Deific Vengeance for curative power... then feels the warmth flow from him into Janis. As her shoulder wound begins closing, he takes it upon himself to push past her to move up to the fleshy monster in hopes of taking on it's attacks himself. "No, I'm not your father... but the two of you will be together in Dolurrh soon enough!" (Exchange Deific Vengeance for Cure Moderate Wounds / move action to H6)

Meanwhile up above, Sir Khensu turns around from dropping the final zombie and sees the rope that Daellin has tied off and dropped into the hole. The elf waves at him to hurry, and the shifter moves back down the pew to the hole, grabs the middle of the rope that Daellin holds out for him, then slides down the rope as quickly as he can without hitting his compatriots below. "Coming down! Please push forward! I do not want to land on you!" (Double move action to hole and down hole on rope)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Church Round 5 (Complete)

"Coming down! Please push forward! I do not want to land on you!" With that, Khensu rushes over to the rope the best he can through the pew, then begins climbing easily down the rope. [Move action to get to rope; Climb check 19 for accelerated climbing succeeds; 10 ft. above ground]

Putting his blade aside, Jarrith moves to touch Janis. "Don't worry... I've got you..." he adds as he chants a quick healing prayer. Silvery warmth restores some strength to Janis. [Rapier dropped (still attached); cure moderate wounds; 16 hp]

As Janis' shoulder wound begins closing, Jarrith takes it upon himself to push past her to move up to the fleshy monster in hopes of taking on it's attacks himself. "No, I'm not your father... but the two of you will be together in Dolurrh soon enough!"

While the monstrosity gives the Stalker a dumb grin, the skeleton harassing Janis gives him a quick swipe as he moves forward. It cannot find purchase as Jarrith pushes his way past Janis, causing it to hiss in frustration. [Skeleton's AoO misses]

Ashlyn uses her blade and every ounce of strength that she can muster to try to lever up the trapdoor. Her first attempt fails miserably. With her second attempt, she pulls mightily, calling upon Dol Dorn, and with a pop it pulls open. [3 Str check fails; 12 Str Check + 5 AP = 17 succeeds]

"I've got a rope set up here." Daellin says, loud enough that Ashlyn and Marot can hear him. Then he climbs down, but it is awkward going with his bow and the shifter already upon it, and he drops the last five feet. [Climb checks of 11 and 13 allow 15' total movement; drop the last 5']

Sir Urik, surrounded on almost all sides, laughs heartily. "Fight to the last, friends! Only in despair do we fail! We shall destroy this thing!" The words bolster his flagging attacks, but only one connects against the creature. It is a weak slice, the sickness obviously impeding it. [Hits for 3 hp]

Marot rushes down the stairs as quickly as possible, and tries to distract the skeleton with a bolt of holy fire to the back. The creature hisses again as the Silver Flame's might smashes into it. [Down stairs (difficult terrain); spirit blast skeleton; AC 22 hits; 13 hp]

Church Round 6

attachment.php

S: 23 [-13 (moderately wounded)]
B: 21 [Dead]
Z: 20 [F8: destroyed, I7: destroyed, L5: destroyed; others: unhurt]
J: 16 [24/40, 1 hp non-lethal, -700 XP, inspired 1 rounds, mage armor, sickened]
D: 16 [moderately wounded, provoked 6 rounds]
B: 14 [-7 (lightly wounded)]
DL: 13 [destroyed]
K: 13 [50/55, inspired 1 rounds]
J: 22 [31/31, 1 non-lethal, inspired 2 rounds]
A: 11 [40/49, inspired 1 rounds]
D: 10 [24/31 hp, inspired 1 rounds]
U: 10 [45/59, inspired 1 rounds, fighting challenge (D) 7 rounds]
M: 4 [30/34, inspired 1 rounds]

Map Key: A: Ashlyn, B: Stitched-together corpse, D: Daellin, D: Danovich, DL: Magic-infused undead, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Valo, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, r: raven, S: Blackened skeleton, U: Sir Urik, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: Mist grants concealment to creatures 30' away. Cyan Border: mirror image, Dark green Border: Sickened, Light Green Border: Entangled, Olive: dazed, Orange Border: Inspired (+1 save vs fear, charm, compulsion; +1 to hit and damage), White: unconscious, Transparent: Dead, White Border: Paralyzed.

[Round 6 actions?]

Attachments

• E7-r6.jpg
    E7-r6.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 203

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:

Reminder: Daellin's an elf, and so has low-light vision.

Trying to clear out space, Daellin takes a quick step away from the rope (5'-step to I3) and fires another set of three arrows at Davenovich (rapid shot).

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn initially follows Marot down the stairs, but at the sight of her onetime companions, now undead minions, she lets out a cry of frustration and loss, "Noooooooooooo ... "

She speaks again and now her voice is cold and hard, "Theldrick, Mathilda, I will see you both free of this curse of undeath"

With that she holds forth her holy symbol and channels forth her faith to drive the undead back.

[Move down the stairs (move action)]
[Turn undead (Effective level 3, turn +6, damage 2d6+7) (Standard action)]

Remove ads