stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
James Heard said:
Hold on...is that a slip or did Bill Lumbergh just call Janis by her unannounced, untalked-about last name? Or has Janis at some point referenced herself as such and I've forgotten about it?
Miss Sandal is what he called you, and he meant it how he said it.

James Heard said:
I think it's probably important, in case Janis needs to kill the boss-man since he's obviously some sort of assassin/spy for the Cyran crown? You know, kick his behind Great War style?
He's not Cyran, but any means. He does work for the Twelve. One of the largest organizations on Khovaire that is non-govermental.

James Heard

Explorer
stonegod said:
Miss Sandal is what he called you, and he meant it how he said it.

He's not Cyran, but any means. He does work for the Twelve. One of the largest organizations on Khovaire that is non-govermental.
Gotcha. Pistols at dawn mode it is.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ah! Now the sandal is on the other foot, as they say!

:lol:

LUMBURGH?!? YOU SLEPT WITH LUMBURGH?!?

"Yeah... I'm gonna need you to go up to the castle, okay? Take care of a little vampire problem, we have... yeah... that'd be great."

James Heard

Explorer
Janis has spent her life since before the end of the war avoiding the politics of her family. The boss guy not only just stepped in those politics, gave the bird to her family's honor by leaving off the prefix, and identified himself as dangerous loose end that absolutely has to be killed else he finger her to every Tom, Dick, & Harry Cyran politico out there. I'm still trying to decide whether or not it's evil even, since he's not only a jerk but he's a jerk who's dangling the whole "I know who your family is, and your family is all dead because of who they are" thing.

Is it evil to pre-emptively assassinate someone who self-identifies himself with assassins? Is everyone going to have a hissy fit if Janis kills our paycheck, or is it going to be one of those deep sighs and "I'll get the mop. I wish you'd stop murdering people, Janis" moments?

stonegod

James Heard said:
Janis has spent her life since before the end of the war avoiding the politics of her family. The boss guy not only just stepped in those politics, gave the bird to her family's honor by leaving off the prefix, and identified himself as dangerous loose end that absolutely has to be killed else he finger her to every Tom, Dick, & Harry Cyran politico out there. I'm still trying to decide whether or not it's evil even, since he's not only a jerk but he's a jerk who's dangling the whole "I know who your family is, and your family is all dead because of who they are" thing.

Is it evil to pre-emptively assassinate someone who self-identifies himself with assassins? Is everyone going to have a hissy fit if Janis kills our paycheck, or is it going to be one of those deep sighs and "I'll get the mop. I wish you'd stop murdering people, Janis" moments?
I think Janis is reading it a little bit differently than intended. Mateusz was surely giving Janis a verbal rebuke with his form of address. If he did want her assassinated, he would have already had several chances to rat her out and such. So I don't see the 'self identifies' part.

James Heard

Explorer
All I'm saying is that, after someone's family has been purged and they're on the run, anyone who starts waving around the past with less than a kind smile is going to be automatically connected with the people who killed all your relatives. It's not just a sensitive subject, its a dangerously sensitive subject because the consequences are a matter of life and death.

...Whether or not anyone else really sees it that way.

stonegod

James Heard said:
All I'm saying is that, after someone's family has been purged and they're on the run, anyone who starts waving around the past with less than a kind smile is going to be automatically connected with the people who killed all your relatives. It's not just a sensitive subject, its a dangerously sensitive subject because the consequences are a matter of life and death.

...Whether or not anyone else really sees it that way.
Understood. Just realize that attempts on the leader of the expedition's life is prolly not going to win you any friends amongst the rest of the expedition. At least while the expedition is ongoing. :)

stonegod

XP time!
- Ashlyn: 1750
- Tessa and Ladreth: 1429
- Janis, Jarrith, and Marot: 1166

Totals:
- Marot: 29184 (8th still)
- Janis: 32334 (8th still)
- Jarrith: 29863 (8th still)
- Ashlyn: 28825 (Yup, officially enough for 8th :))
- Tessa: 25099 (7th)
- Ladreth: 23859 (7th)
Everyone: Please put your XP in your post (near the character's name is best).

pathfinderq1: You still haven't leveled up Tessa (or put her updates on the RG). Please do so ASAP and let me know when its done.

Ladreth will be staying behind for now. Khensu will accompany you all as an ex-paladin cohort of 7th level. DEFCON, feel free to run him as you see fit (though I have final say of certain actions, of course). If eathandrew returns, we'll look at rejiggering.

Oh, and S@s: Don't forget to check in/subscribe in the new IC thread.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa should be all set now- I had done most of the update, but didn't change the level total at the top or complete the advancement s-block section. When we update spells, would she be able to take Close Wounds (Cleric 2, from Spell Compendium)?

Remove ads