• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft [Recruiting Closed]

GwydapLlew

First Post
stonegod said:
GwydapLlew The sketch of the concept looks good, and the possible integration with DEFCON's character is fine. I will give you both plenty of opportunity to 'fall off the path.' :) But both of you will have to take care of playing well with others (mostly the PCs).

I completely agree. I don't fall in the 'drama queen' camp of paladin players, but I appreciate the concern! While Shadowbane Inquisitors have a particularly strong drive to root out evil, I'm planning on portraying him as uncomplicated rather than arrogant. I'll post more in a bit about how I see him benig played, and I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know your thoughts - paladins can be complicated enough in face-to-face games, let alone through teh intarweb. :)

penance

First Post
wow. you intend to keep recruiting until november 10th? gee, you already have like 9 character applications.

*is suitably impressed*

And I am considering duskblade, but the catches are this; no scorching ray, and the ablilities i really like (swist spell casting!) dont apply until 10th level and after, which you say we prolly won't hit. I might just got fighter/sorc. What is the starting cash for these characters?

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
penance said:
wow. you intend to keep recruiting until november 10th? gee, you already have like 9 character applications.

*is suitably impressed*
I'm going to be on travel next week, and will have little to no time to be on the boards. It'll take me a week to catch up! :)

I may move up the timeline when I get back from the trip, but no decisions are being made until I get back.

penance

First Post
ah, *nods* That does make sense. And I bet it will take a long time to catch up; and I wonder what system you will use to pick characters for the group; what if you have like, 15 applications?

hrm... note that at the end of december I may be leaving. I think 2 months should be enough to finish an adventure, right?

stonegod

penance said:
ah, *nods* That does make sense. And I bet it will take a long time to catch up; and I wonder what system you will use to pick characters for the group; what if you have like, 15 applications?
I specified the outline of my decision process in the first post.

penance said:
hrm... note that at the end of december I may be leaving. I think 2 months should be enough to finish an adventure, right?
In RL, maybe (if you remove a lot of the extra stuff). In PBP, not a chance. This is a long module (takes people from 6th to 9th-10th level). Endur (who is running a parallel game) predicted about a year to complete, and I would trust his judgement.

Enforcer

Explorer
stonegod said:
My closest analogy is barbarian rage: Unless they go unconscious or someone uses the appropriate spell, rage doesn't end until its time is up (or the barbarian stops it). It also gives a bonus to Will saves, and so is pretty analogous.
That works for me. But how about instead of calm emotions, we use spells like daze and confusion or anything else that breaks concentration (stunning attacks too now that I think of it). This will probably end up breaking Combat Focus more often, sure, but it makes more sense as Combat Focus is based on internal discipline flavor-wise, and not rage. I see the feats as sort of a Flame and the Void (ala Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, if you're familiar) meditative kind of thing, where having calm emotions would actually help but anger and rage (and being dazed or stunned) would disrupt Geran's focus.

But either way is fine by me.

(Also, my previous post was #1,000!!! *does a little dance*)

stonegod

Enforcer said:
That works for me. But how about instead of calm emotions, we use spells like daze and confusion or anything else that breaks concentration (stunning attacks too now that I think of it). This will probably end up breaking Combat Focus more often, sure, but it makes more sense as Combat Focus is based on internal discipline flavor-wise, and not rage. I see the feats as sort of a Flame and the Void (ala Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, if you're familiar) meditative kind of thing, where having calm emotions would actually help but anger and rage (and being dazed or stunned) would disrupt Geran's focus.
That seems reasonable (and, I am familiar with your source material :)).

penance

First Post
stonegod said:
In RL, maybe (if you remove a lot of the extra stuff). In PBP, not a chance. This is a long module (takes people from 6th to 9th-10th level). Endur (who is running a parallel game) predicted about a year to complete, and I would trust his judgement.

uf, a year? Well, then I will (reluctanly) have to withdraw my bid. good luck on it all! :)

Enforcer

Explorer
stonegod said:
(and, I am familiar with your source material :)).
Well then I promise to finish the story in a reasonable number of posts and actually communicate with the rest of the party so that we can succeed at our goals. :)

stonegod

Enforcer said:
Well then I promise to finish the story in a reasonable number of posts and actually communicate with the rest of the party so that we can succeed at our goals. :)
And no prattling on about that wind... :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads