• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft [Recruiting Closed]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Eva of Sirrion said:
sorry, what questions?
To quote myself:
stonegod said:
Eva of Sirrion: The Sun and Sword Military Magic Academy is an interesting idea, but probably associated with one country more than being an independent agency. The Player's Guide to Eberron posits that such an academy may have been in Cyre. As a member of a House, however, Myran could have easily bought herself in any case. Gives you an opportunity to have known any of the Cyran characters. In addition, adds a little something to the RP possibilities to know that your academy is no more, having been destroyed.

As for your particular implementation of the concept: I assume you are going warmage to be more of a *blow things up* fighter/mage than a *augment myself* fighter/mage. I have nothing particularly against the class. Warmage/cleric is going to give you a case of MAD and not not allow you to Mystic Theurge until you reach more than the game's halfway point (8th level), but warmage/favored soul is not going to get you into Mystic Theurge until near the end of the campaign (9th) if you make that far. Thus, you may wish to take that into account.
The main questions above are:
- Are you fine w/ my interpretation of the warmage academy base?
- You are planning an arcane damage sort of role?
- What is your response to my statement about the Theurge issues listed above?

stonegod

kinem said:
I haven't forgotten; it's just been a busy week, and the deadline of 11/10 is generously late. I will post it when I have it.

I know a fair bit about the Ravenloft CS, but haven't read I6 or EtCR, though I have read reviews. I have the Eberron CS book.
The game is not Ravenloft CS-based, just EtCR, which is I6 redux (I think House of Strahd was supposed to be similar, or some-such).

The deadline is long, but I wanted to make sure that those who have posted are still moving forward with concepts. Thanks for filling me in.

stonegod

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
stonegod, I was guessing that a stonegod-run Eberron EtCR would be rather different than an Endur-world neutral EtCR, and wasn't necessarily planning on dropping out. However, I would totally understand if you wouldn't want players in the same module due to possible story contamination. It also seems as if you have a great deal of interested players already. I'll like to put up a charcter too, perhaps as an alt if nothing else. I promise I am good at separating my own knowledge from that of my character.

Besides, I've always wanted to make a shifter barbarian. :)
There are some elements of randomness, and I will be changing some things, but some elements are going to be strongly the same (the Castle, for example). However, anyone who has been through I6 will have similar issues. Its something I'm still chewing on.

However, I will say right now that the concepts are pretty melee heavy. So the shifter barbarian would have a lot of competition. Not that you don't come up with brilliant concepts. :)

stonegod

Just as a note, for anyone considering a new application, I'm not going to take any more melee roles---there are plenty to choose from already. General arcane magic, party face, and party buff roles are still largely unapplied-for.

stonegod

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
In that case... wizard it is! Or should I say... warlock? :]

I have one in mind, one I made for a different game that might suit this one, provided I change the background a bit (he was made for an FR game). This is his old character sheet: Sebak of Garos - Tiefling Warlock.
As you know, I hate warlocks. ;)

I'll have to think about the tiefling element: They're pretty rare in Eberron, considering its not as much of a planar bordello as other settings (FR included :)). I've heard "born in a coterminous region" as a possibility. Your call; I'll let you work it out as you port your old Sebak's role, quirks, and abilities over here.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hey stonegod... since my character's already up and there's nothing else for me to do until waiting for the deadline to pass... are there any edits or additional info you'd like to see in my character submission? I figure with two more full weeks I can add/fix/elaborate on plenty of my stuff if you think you either want more clarification or specifics on anything.

If you're happy with the submission, cool! But if you think extra detail might be beneficial for you and to help you make your decisions, let me know and I'll go back in and work on Jarrith. Thanx.

stonegod

DEFCON, Enforcer: I believe your set (ie., there is nothing you need to flesh out).

If anyone who may have a shared history (DEFCON/GwydapLlew, Enforcer/Eva, etc.) wants to flesh that out, or just wants to work on their bg some more, I'm not stopping you. :)

Remove ads