• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

storage of chessex mondomat

pxacrake

Explorer
Hi All,

I recently purchased a chessex mondomat and am wondering how to store it. Other smaller mats I have are stored in a document tube (art store) but I cannot find any tubes that will fit this giant mat. Help !!!

Drew

Truename

First Post
I recently purchased a chessex mondomat and am wondering how to store it. Other smaller mats I have are stored in a document tube (art store) but I cannot find any tubes that will fit this giant mat. Help !!!

I store my megamat just by rolling it up and putting a rubber band on each end. Works great.

Thanee

First Post
Same here, don't see how you need anything beyond that. A tube might be nice for carrying (there certainly are tubes for maps and such, that are big enough), but just for storing? Hardly necessary.

Bye
Thanee

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sadly, that telescoping tube won't cut it. I have a similar one for my other battlemaps and it only expands to 4' but you need one that will go an extra half foot for a Mondomat. I bought a "factory second" and use the tube it was shipped in, which is four and a half feet long with an end cap. I'd suggest searching for a store that sells shipping containers and tubes.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I actually have an art tube that will do the job...its storing mine!

Its a hard plastic tube, about 3' in length or so, with a screw top lid. Screw-on extensions are available, letting me store & transport my mat, along with a baggie of markers for it.

But its currently on loan (with the mat inside) at our game group's host's house, so I can't go look at it and tell you its name. However, I do have another tube by the same company storing yet another mat.

As soon as I find it- or after game night (this coming Tuesday)- I'll let you know the brand name.

I also know that there is at least one other company that has a telescoping art tube that would do the job. I had ordered one from an art supply place and put my money down and was waiting for it to come it. For months.

I went in to check on it's arrival time, and they stated they didn't do special orders. After showing them my receipt, I got my money back, at least.

Needless to say, I don't do business with those morons anymore.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I actually have an art tube that will do the job...its storing mine!

Its a hard plastic tube, about 3' in length or so, with a screw top lid. Screw-on extensions are available, letting me store & transport my mat, along with a baggie of markers for it.

But its currently on loan (with the mat inside) at our game group's host's house, so I can't go look at it and tell you its name. However, I do have another tube by the same company storing yet another mat.

As soon as I find it- or after game night (this coming Tuesday)- I'll let you know the brand name.

I also know that there is at least one other company that has a telescoping art tube that would do the job. I had ordered one from an art supply place and put my money down and was waiting for it to come it. For months.

I went in to check on it's arrival time, and they stated they didn't do special orders. After showing them my receipt, I got my money back, at least.

Needless to say, I don't do business with those morons anymore.

Do you have the 3' Megamat or the 4 1/2' Mondomat?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have the one that's 10' long, as well as several smaller maps.

At any rate, I found what I was talking about.

The telescoping tube that I never got was made by ArtBin, much like this one.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Artbin-Telescopic-Transport-Tube/dp/B000GJ37YG]Amazon.com: Artbin Telescopic Transport Tube: Office Products[/ame]

The one I'm using is made by Pickett. They come in a variety of diameters. The basic tube is @3' tall, and there are screw-on extension sections...maybe...18-20" long each. So a basic tube and 2 extensions would hold a big battlemat. I'll be able to get exact dimensions later this week.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
ArtBin generally makes a decent product- good strong plastic, etc.: I have several of their little toolbox-like supply bins. They're virtually indestructible.

Remove ads