• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storing D&D Dungeon Tiles?

Thrommel

First Post
I picked up a Plano 28-compartment StowAway tray at Target last night for six bucks. Here's a link.

I have four sets and all the components fit in there except the 'full page' tiles and the 20' x 40' ones. Everything else is neatly sorted and at my fingertips. It's not as bulky as carrying around a tackle box but it's more organized and protective than dumping them into ziploc bags.

-Thrommel, who uses a smaller StowAway case for his D&D minis. And an even smaller one for his dice. And an even smaller one for his marbles. Man, I hate losing my marbles...

Woas

First Post
Didn't read all the posts...

I use an old shoe-box. I have organized all the tiles into respective groups (all the 4x4's together, 2x8's together, 4x8's together, etc.) and rubber-band them so they don't get messed up in the shoe-box during use/travel.

This is the best system I have come up with for myself thus far. Previously I was zip-loc bag'n it and I could never find what I needed without rolling a 20 on my Search checks.

Thrommel

First Post
Someone over at Monte's boards asked for a pic of how I organized my tiles. Thought I'd share here.

-Thrommel, who you'd think is a neat-nik. UNTRUE.

Attachments

• tile_tray.jpg
    tile_tray.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 79

Thrommel

First Post
That's four sets. I could probably fit one more in there, it's not full to bursting.

The tiles that don't fit are the 20 x 40's and the full-pagers. But I can just keep those in some sort of sheet-keeper. Easy access and sorting are the important factors for me.

-Thrommel, who's thinking of making an entire adventure arc around these things.

Valmiras

Explorer
I got some of these boxes at Throm's recommendation and can almost get 5 sets in there (1 dungeon tiles, 2 arcane corridors, and 2 hidden crypts).

There are maybe 2-3 20x20 tiles too many to fit well. That's it though.

Remove ads