D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar follows silently, listens to ideas and finally after the giants are reunited bursts out
"That's it? We killed a couple of giants, did no damage to their structure, helped them procreate and we'll just return to the town?! We should use their confusion now to backtrack and intercept some inebriated smaller groups. And did you see that boss? If he's left alone or almost alone, we could leave them headless - in more ways than one - and let them fight among themselves for a while."

He looks at the group and their current state.
"I say we take a breather somewhere away from this tower and then head back and try to get one, at least one, a search party from ambush."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus looked at Ordrar with surprise. The dwarf had complained about leaving until they left, and now he was chastising them for not having done enough. He shrugged and assumed that the dwarf just liked to complain. "Sure, we can go back if you now wish." he said softly, trying not to insult his friend as he corrected him, "I believe that the 'boss' was a woman, though I understand if you found it hard to tell. She was enormous!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug
Afternoon
Round 0

“I’m no’ opposed t’ poundin’ on some giants,” Dren admitted. “Ordrar might ‘ave a point, though ‘e complained enough aboot pickin’ a fight before,” he ribbed the other dwarf good-naturedly.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 3/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It is about knowing when to fight. And how. Headless rush in there was stupid. We risked much, all our lives. And we got fairly little out of it. Three out of army of giants killed and dubious gratitude of two giants that may have helped destroyed Nightstone. So, yes, I was opposed to running in blindly. But now we're choosing our ground."
Ordrar seems positively glowing with anticipation.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: How much damage di we actually cause to the dam/fort? Fistan was keen to report back to the abbot because I though that we had essentially destroyed it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus wasn't sure he agreed that they had accomplished nothing with their assault on the dam, but he didn't want to get into it with Ordrar. His friend was right, of course, that they could quite possibly accomplish more. Though it may turn out to be just as risky, if not more, Aremus agreed, "Then let us return and observe the fruits or our labour and see if we may reap another victory."

Remove ads