D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ha HAA! Guards! Guard! People! Take cover!" with that minimal instruction the dwarf races off into the mist.

OOC: how long is the bridge?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: That will probably satisfy the conditions of my readied action.

Aremus lets his arrow fly.

[roll0] (If you require it for range or lack of visibility. Otherwise, my previous roll should do it!)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Forest near Nightstone/Caves
Morning
Round 1

At the cry of “Orcs!” from Tranio, Dren darted forward, making sure to keep out of the line of the cleric’s fire. He moved toward the end of the bridge to engage the orcs.

OOC: Not sure we want to fight them on the bridge. I have this hideous image of them cutting the bridge while we’re on it…

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Engage orcs
Action: Handaxe attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Bonus Action: Unarmed attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 14
HP: 25/25 HD: 3/3d8
Ki: 3/3
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
Chain mail (dwarf-sized)
Dwarven helm
75 gp
32 sp
37 cp
2 bright gemstones (50 gp ea.)
Potion of Heroism
3 blocks of incense
Silver holy symbol shaped like a unicorn’s head
3 empty vials
Golden pendant of a devil’s head
Healer’s kit
Potion of Healing
[/sblock]

Out of the fog step two orcs. Their dark eyes widen at the sight of the heroes, but they are hit with an arrow and magic before they can react. However, the attacks only stagger the creatures and one is able to blow a warning call from a crude horn. The bridge fills with the sound of heavy steps as an entire battalion charge forward.

Initiative:

Aremus
Dren
Tranio
Carolina
Bethany
Ordrar
Fistan
So many orcs

OOC:

The rules on fog combat seems to be a mess, so don't worry about disadvantage here.

Sorry I couldn't use your character pictures this time. The map file was too small.

Each square is ten feet and some of you would recall the bridge being around 150 feet long.

The wagon and villagers would be at the very top of the map, behind Fistan and Ordrar.

bridge.jpg

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Fall back when you need help, lets keep them on the bridge! Goblins! Shoot the orcs!"
Ordrar advances ready to replace wounded warriors.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I don't think I ever intended to set foot on the bridge. I assumed the others passed me by. But if that A is Aremus, I guess I could just run with it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I figured you'd have to be pretty close to the bridge to be able to hit the target in the fog. I can swap you and Carolina if you want!

OOC: I would never do that to her! No, it was Tranio and Dren who crossed the bridge first. Carolina and I are armed with ranged weapons, and would be backing them up from behind them.

If I am not in melee, then my turn will look like this: Bonus Action: Divine Favour, Attack (The first orc over the bridge): [roll0] for [roll1] damage plus [roll2] radiant. If I am in front in melee, I will instead shoulder my bow and use my action to strap on my shield.

Remove ads