D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 0

There was no way Dren was going to go plummeting to his doom with the elves. He watched them jump and float down, mumbling into his beard about the unnaturalness of it all. He was more than content to wait for the cloud to settle before he jumped down onto the ground.

“Oh, t’ ‘ave me feet on the ground again!” he said, kneeling and kissing the earth.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

One way or another, you all manage to reach the ground again.

Even from so far away, you can see Goldenfields in the distance. It isn't actually a city, but rather a massive farm that covers 20 square miles. The crops grown here are the main source of food for the people of the sword coast, so it is no surprise that a 70 foot tall stone wall surronds the city.

Up close, it is obvious the tracks belong to giants and goblins.

OOC: Up to you all if you want to go into the city or follow the tracks back to their source. Feel free to make any rolls needed.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Lets check the city first, they May need some help. The tracks can wait. And we need to know if slave were taken."

Ordrar starts toward the city.

Ooc: will stop if there is discussion

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren nodded his agreement with Ordrar. “More gobbies an’ giants,” he confirmed, eying the tracks. “Aye, best t’ let the locals know we’re aboot, jus’ in case. An’ they might ‘ave more information.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio leaps, and he falls, or dives. On the way down he alternates between the two. Wind tearing through his hair, he is pulled inexorably through the air, towards the rocks below. Death on the rocks.

On the way down, he prays, not with words but with images. Then the spell kicks in, and his approach towards the surface begins to slow.

He meets up with Aremus, and then, eventually, the others. As they head to town, he is still smiling. "That's some spell."

By the time his feet alight on the surface, his smile is wide and he feels exhilarated.

"Aww, yeah!" he shouts, to no one in particular.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus also finds the fall, and the amazing view of his home, an amazing experience. As the group works it's way to a gate, travelling along outside the wall, he begins to babble, telling stories of his home that reveal a deep love for the place.

"My human father served his whole life on the wall," he said, looking up at it, "From wall-guard to gate-guard, he was eventually made Castellan and served that post until his death, many years ago."

He sighed and then continued, "He was an excellent Castellan, and a good man."

He stopped just short of continuing,"Unlike the current Castellan."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"You grew up here, then?" asks Tranio, half remembering the answer before it is given. "That will be useful for us. I hope he had a good death."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh yes, I know every nook and cranny. I can introduce you to the Abbot, if you'd like. We can take Rillix to see Miros Xelbrin. The Yeti (as he is known here, for his unusual hair, white as it is, and he has more of it than natural) why, he runs the Inn - The Northfurrow's End. You can stay there while we're here."

Remembering the bad news they have to deliver, he sighs, "We will have to let Miros know that his parents are dead. Would you like to do it, whoever found them, or would you like me to do it?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"That's kind of you, Aremus, but I'm not sure the Abbot and I would have much to talk about. Telling the parents about the death of their son is more my speed."

Remove ads