D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren frowns as he surveys the town below them. “Somethin’ ‘appened ‘ere,” he said. “Best not t’ frighten ‘em more. Mebbe land a bit aways from the town, oot o’ sight? We can ‘andle a wee walk in.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 4/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Can anyone cast -- um, a spell that lets you fall like a feather?" asks Tranio. "I've never seen the spell at work, it's not one my god grants to me, but I'm told it allows a safe but rapid descent from a great height. I'd be thrilled to experience the feeling of a death from a great height, only to have it taken away from me at the last minute."

There is an eager smile on his face. The thought of jumping off of this cloud excites him.

"We could all just jump!" This is his answer to the giant's question.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I'd like to put down about a mile to the east. We'll have a look for tracks as we work our way back to the wall. I know this area well, so we can check near places of good water and good campsites." Aremus says enthusiastically, happy to be home.

He then says to Rillix, while scratching the tressym's chin, "You'll be happy to see the Yeti again, won't you?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar finally stops playing with the bag.
"Lets get to it. Trouble waits for no one. Be careful with your sleeping, wizard, there are vultures about."

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 5

Fistan listens to the group discuss what they have seen and where they should land. Tranio's suggestion of featherfalling down is certainly interesting, "I know of such a spell that could allow us all to fall safely to earth, but sadly can't cast it. I could have us float slowly down one at a time, but that may cause as much panic as landing the cloud. It would also exhaust my magical abilities - such magic is quite a powerful spell.
"Dren's plan may not be as exciting, but I think is our best choice."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 30/30 (HD: 5/5d6)
Arcane Ward: 14/14 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball[/SBLOCK]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Fair enough," says Tranio, hiding his disappointment. That would have been exhilarating. "We can work on you learning that spell."

Zephyros would navigate the cloud to the area requested by Aremus. However, before lowering his base, he would cast feather fall on Tranio and any other party members who like to live dangerously.

" To think, all the time I've put into mastering the ability to instantly travel across time and space only for you to call it sleeping," the wizard jokes. "I will be more cautious going forward. "

The cloud staircase forms once more and the wizard waves goodbye. "Best of luck. Let us meet back here in a ten day to discuss any clues found."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
There is no way Tranio is going to say no to the giant's offer, and to meet his colleagues down there. He's content to be alone in this, but he'll happily take company. "You can cast it when we're halfway down," he suggests helpfully.

This would be a Death like no other, and he is a priest whose faith is deep.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh, I'll jump! It sounds like a fun thing to do, and with all this conflict we may not have time for fun very often." says Aremus enthusiastically.

Remove ads