Storms of Change IC Part 4

silentspace

First Post
Goven said:
"My lord, I have fought my share of Gorukans, but I know naught of this Nazdin. What can you tell us of him?"

"Our agents are reporting that General Nazdin is emerging as one of the principal players in Goruka. He is a ruthless, merciless combatant, and has displayed brilliant battlefield tactics. There are rumors that he might become commander of all the forces of Goruka in the near future."

Insight

Adventurer
silentspace said:
"Our agents are reporting that General Nazdin is emerging as one of the principal players in Goruka. He is a ruthless, merciless combatant, and has displayed brilliant battlefield tactics. There are rumors that he might become commander of all the forces of Goruka in the near future."

Lucan smiles at this notion. "A worthy opponent indeed, from the sounds of it," he says. "A brilliant tactical mind... he will die honorably then."

The gladiator stands up and looks to the others. "This map, will it get us to the ruins? If so, we should get going soon, before we lose whatever advantage of surprise we have now."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita steps forward and unrolls the map on the table, after clearing away any food or drinks.

"I believe we should follow our prior path for a time. I don't think they enemy will expect us to retrace our steps. It offers the advantage of knowing the terrain. Plus, we cached some food and equipment looted from the Hextorites there. This will allow us to travel lighter and make better time."

She points to the approximate location of the Hextorite base and their last path. I believe this veers west of the trade route slightly at first, then more sharply west after the party started tracking the Hextorites to their base.

"After recovering our cach, we will head straight North to the keep. Hopefully this will put keep us away from Gorukan patrols."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"That sounds like a plan! Shall we get on with it? I'm all ready to travel at a moment's notice, as always," Zook says cheerfully, jumping down from his chair.

Sado

First Post
Goven rises once he sees the others start to do so. "Who is to lead this expedition?", he asks the Warden. Although more than competent enough to guide the way through the wilds, he has no desire to take charge of the group.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"This is no military mission. No one has power to punish others or force obedience. We had no leader before, and did not need one. We will operate as equals in a team. If at some point, a leader is required, we will elect one."

"We should depart at first light tomorrow. Good luck in your hour of Peril, Warden. Do not despair. We will do our best to bring back hope for Shillen."

Insight

Adventurer
Lucan smiles grimly. "I need no one to tell me my role," he says. "Point me in the right direction and see what happens."

silentspace

First Post
Kestilin arrives with the quartermaster, carrying a bundle of gear.

"Ah, here we are. I think you might need these."

Kestilin gives everyone except Lucan four Potions of Cure Light Wounds.

To Lucan he gives a flask of acid, a flask of alchemist's fire, and a horse's bridle. "The horse's bridle is for your light warhorse, which is waiting for you in the stables. It comes with a military saddle. And bit and bridle, of course."

"Now if there are no further questions, we will bid you good night."
Ricsten and Kestilin shake your hands and wish you luck, then take their leave. You are free to stay and talk, if you wish.

OOC: Now everyone should have a mount and four potions of CLW. Lucan already had four potions of CLW, but did not have a mount. He got a couple alchemical items to even out the cost.

Sado

First Post
Goven bids the Warden goodnight, assuring him that he will do all he can to fulfill the mission. He nods to his new companions, dons his hat, and takes leave of them. Before retiring for the evening, he will try to obtain a knife at the armory or from a shop or trader to replace the one he recently lost. He stops to check on Brinsey before finally returning to his quarters in the scouts' barracks.

Remove ads