• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change IC Part 4

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

"Just one more thing, Warden. I have a couple things I value, but wouldn't prefer not to be burdened with on our journey. I was hoping you could store them for me, securely."

If he is amenable, Manzanita will give him her two captured spell books.

silentspace

First Post
Leaving Carodan

Warden Ricsten accepts Manzanita's books, saying he will hold them for her.

The group passes through Carodan's north gate in the morning and heads out into the wilderness. Manzanita and Dunathar lead the way, doing their best to retrace their previous path.

The party follows the ancient Trade Road, which heads north through the wilderness to Goruka and beyond, all the way to the ancient Jangis Empire, which once ruled the Known World. The hilly terrain and forest seems to conceal much.

After a while, the group turns west and heads to the mountains bordering the Prin River valley, where they make camp for the night. Remembering the rumors of newly-arrived horrors in the valley, including ghouls and undead, no cooking fire is made, and the party settles in for an uneasy night, setting their sleeping bags around the fire.

During Lucan's watch, in the middle of the night, the monk hears shuffling sounds in the darkness, maybe fifty feet away.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Manzanita actually has no intention of retracing their route. I'll elaborate on that in an IC post where we can discuss our plans. She did intended to warn the party about the rumors of ghouls (& took disrupt undead in anticipation!)

Sado

First Post
When Goven wakes up, if Lucan is able to warn him of the noise, he removes his battleaxe from the protective cloth in which it is wrapped, and attempts to listen for the noise and use his knowledge of nature to try and indentify it if it is some kind of animal. Depending on how much light there is, he may try to spot the source of the noise. If he believes it poses a threat to them, he will first ready his battle axe and shield, then try to make sure everyone else is awake without making too much of a disturbance.

ooc: Are we rolling for ourselves or are you doing it?

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: For what its worth, let me post what Manzanita was planning to say when the party left the fortifications of Carodan and were alone in the wilderness.

IC: "My friends, we will have to depend upon each other, and thus we must learn to trust one another. Let me tell you that I lied to Warden Ricsten. It's not that I don't trust him personally, but everything about us and our mission was know to the enemy. Spies are will entrenched in his organization. Thus I told him we had cached equipment from the Hextorites and would return that direction. In fact, we made no such cache."

OOC: Though it might have been a good idea!

BIC: "I suggest we instead head north first. Then cut West when it seems appropriate. Hopefully my ploy will put off direct pursuit of us. We are well known to the enemy, my friends. Beyond spies and rumors, we released a prisoner. Assuming he survived to return to his superiors, they have detailed information about Dunathor and I. Perhaps the rest of you retain some measure of anonymity. I suggest you are careful to what you say to anyone."

Sado

First Post
Listen, Knowledge-Nature, and Spot are all 6. And my favored enemy is orcs in case these happen to be orcs.

Remove ads