• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change IC Part 4

silentspace

First Post
Lucan, nearly blind in the darkness, moves forward carefully.

Dunathar, with his darkvision, stealthily follows the brave human.

Dunathar:
Moving forward carefully, you see two lightly armored orcs, moving stealthily away from you in the darkness. They see you at the same time you see them. Moments after you see them, they slip back beyond the range of your darkvision again.

(Threetongues and Goven continue to sleep soundly.)

Someone

Adventurer
Dunathar stops for a second, trying to decide what to do. Then whispers: "Lucan! an orc patrol! Move back and warn the others to come here. I´ll go forward."

He then continues after the orcs, doing his best to leave a clear track: broken twigs, stepping on mud, etc.

Edit: Also trying to not being noticed. Hide and move silently +8 each.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Someone said:
Dunathar stops for a second, trying to decide what to do. Then whispers: "Lucan! an orc patrol! Move back and warn the others to come here. I´ll go forward."

He then continues after the orcs, doing his best to leave a clear track: broken twigs, stepping on mud, etc.

Edit: Also trying to not being noticed. Hide and move silently +8 each.

Hearing this, Lucan crouches until he is fairly certain the Orcs aren't coming in his direction. If he sees or hears anything that sounds like the Orcs are coming his way, Lucan will tumble into the clearing, where he can see better by moonlight, etc.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

Manzanita, seeing the others not returning, assumes something is afoot. She will move about the camp, waking Threetounges and Goven. "Awake." She whispers as she nudges their shoulder with her foot. "There is danger afoot. Lucan and Dunathor have gone to investigate. Then, if there's time, she'll put on her boots, cloak and belt. Sheath her sword, and ready her bow.

silentspace

First Post
Manzanita wakes Threetongues and Goven, and whispers to them, explaining what is going on.

Lucan stops in his tracks and listens.

Lucan:
Lucan hears the movement clearly moving away from them (Listen 20+2=22)

Dunathar continues on.

Dunathar:
Dunathar continues to move forward, but can no longer hear or see the orcs (Hide 7+8=15, Move Silently 15+8=23, Listen 9+7=16)

Manzanita gathers her equipment, wielding her bow.

Sado

First Post
When Goven wakes up, he removes his battleaxe from the protective cloth in which it is wrapped, and surveys the area around the camp as best as he can in whatever light there is. If he senses no immediate danger, he hastily dons his armor, and readies his shield, whispering to Manzanita "What's out there? And which way?".

Insight

Adventurer
Lucan moves back into the clearing, whispering, "They are fleeing, or perhaps they never intended us harm."

When he gets back to the dead stack of firewood, he sits. "Best to get back to sleep I think."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"We have encountered orcs several times in the past, and it has never risen to violence. Yet the ones we have encountered we now know are allied with Goruka and the Hextor cult. It's possible they found us and these were scouts who plan to lead others back here to kill or capture us."

"This is unfortunate news. I had hoped to throw off pursuit with my lie to the Warden. Of course, these orcs could be unrelated to the ones we encountered earlier. In either case, I suggest we move out. Even if we don't move far, it would at least inhibit their ability to surround and surprise us."

Someone

Adventurer
"Düvvelsheyss!" curses Dunathar. He walks back on his own track to the camp and relates the news; he agrees with Manzanita. "Yes, we have to move."

Sado

First Post
When Lucan and Dunathar return to the camp, Goven questions them about the orcs-their number, how they were equipped, which direction they were headed-to see if he can determine anything about or is familiar with this particular band of his favored enemy. After determining if there is anything the group needs to be aware of, if the rest are satisfied the danger has passed, Goven will stow his armor and weapons again and go back to sleep, moving to a new camp site if the group wishes to.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads