Storms of Change IC Part 4

silentspace

First Post
Zook (autopilot) remains behind the two warriors and readies a spell...

Khelan, without even looking behind her, waves her sword in the air and yells "GRAKT!" (Manzanita recognizes this as a version of 'Charge') Khelan's worg leaps over the underbrush, closing the gap in frightening speed.

Lucan stands ready, his spiked chain whirling. As the hobgoblin and worg leap towards him, he lashes out with his chain, but the hobgoblin ducks. Then, just before Khelan closes within range to swing, Lucan slides to the side and whips his chain at the charging hobgoblin again, but misses.

Goven leaps to the opposite side of Lucan, flanking the fierce hobgoblin. His axe swings around at her from behind, and connects.

Dunathar rises out from behind a fallen tree and fires his crossbow, but misses.

Khelan stops her worg awkwardly, her charge ruined by the sidestepping humans.

Manzanita aims her bow down at the mounted hobgoblin, but her arrow misses.

Zook (autopilot) raises his tiny arms up in what would be a frightening gesture, were the gnome a bigger and scarier foe, and then shouts out "Boo!" His whole demeaner seems to change, and his voice takes on a menacing aspect that was not there before. Khelan's eyes meet Zook's for a moment, but only a moment.

Initiative
20 Hobgoblin 2: 150 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
14 Manzanita: in tree
8 Hobgoblin 1: 8 damage, 110 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
6 Hobgoblin 3: 130 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
5 Rathog: 150 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
3 Zook
-- action paused --
3 Lucan: 6 damage
3 Goven: 8 damage
3 Dunathar:
3 Khelan: 14 damage

Lucan: AoO 10+5 misses, atk 10+5 misses
Goven: 17+6 hits, damage 4+3
Sado, please list common attacks and damage in your character sheet
Dunathar: 4+7 misses
Manzanita: 1+4 misses
Zook casts cause fear
Lucan and Goven flank Khelan

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Dunathar advances as fast as he can, wielding his trusted shortsword and the mace he´s just adquired.

[ooc: move looking for a flanking position to attack Khelan the next round, or in this one (with the mace) if he manages to arrive using only a move action]

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita keeps a bead on the hobgoblin leader. She is reluctant to shoot into the swirling melee where three of her friends are engaging, and she knows better than to shoot one who's been calmed. If a warg or clear shot can be made, she will take it. Until then, she delays.

Sado

First Post
Goven

Goven recovers and prepares to strike at the hobgoblin again with his axe.

"The legs!" he yells to Lucan. "Sweep the legs with your chain!"

silentspace said:
Sado, please list common attacks and damage in your character sheet

(OOC- ?? What do you mean by common attacks? And do you want me to change the character sheet in the RG as I take damage? I've just been doing that on my sheet at home, but I can start doing that if you want).

silentspace

First Post
Lucan (autopilot) hears Goven's shout. He looks at the worg, as big as a horse, then up at Khelan, and a grin spreads across his face. Whipping his chain out, Lucan spins an end around Khelan's arm and shoulder. The spikes link wrap around her and link together, and the warrior from Oludan pulls. Khelan pulls back, moving her worg about to counter Lucan's pull, but the human has the leverage. Khelan crashes to the ground.

Goven finds himself on the other side of the worg from Khelan. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, the ranger dashes around the worg ready to deal a lethal blow to Khelan with his axe. The big worg snaps at him, but it misses, still disoriented from it's rider's fall. Not looking back, Goven makes a powerful swing. The axe bites into the hobgoblin's shoulder, though she manages to roll away and avoid most of the blow.

Dunathar slips nimbly through the underbrush, taking the flanking opportunity that Goven gave him. The dwarf smashes the new-found mace across Khelan's skull, injuring her greatly.

Khelan, badly wounded, tries to regain her feet, reaching for her worg. But Lucan's chain, Goven's axe, and Dunathar's mace all connect. Khelan's body falls to the ground in a bloody heap.

Khelan's worg lets out a fierce howl and backs away from the three. Once a safe distance away, it turns its head and growls at the other worgs, who answer back with more growls.

The worgs start to move away. One of the worgs retreats into the woods, though you can still hear his growls. The hobgoblins, still calm, look somberly at Khelan's body as their worgs start to ride off.

Initiative
20 Hobgoblin 2: retreated into the woods. Zook's calm emotions round 2
-- action paused --
14 Manzanita: in tree
8 Hobgoblin 1: 8 damage, 110 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
6 Hobgoblin 3: 130 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
5 Rathog: 150 feet from Lucan and Goven, Zook's calm emotions round 2
3 Zook
3 Lucan: 6 damage
3 Goven: 8 damage
3 Dunathar:
3 Khelan: dead

Lucan: trips Khelan, Khelan takes 5 from the fall.
Goven: hits for 9
Dunathar: hits for 5 + 11 sneak attack! The mace is a +1 mace (and maybe more)

Someone

Adventurer
"Bring a dwarf if you want to kill a hobgobo" says Dunathar, proud of himself. "Good teamwork, we´re lucky we didn´t took enemies this time."

Saying that, he starts searching Khelan´s body.

Sado

First Post
Goven

"Good work, friends," Goven says. "Now what do we do about the others? They won't just stand there for long."

He eyes the hobgoblins nervously.

OOC-My attacks:
Melee Atk: +6 (1d8/x3/S, MW Battle Axe)
Melee Atk: +5 (1d6/x3/S, Hand Axe)
Melee Atk: +5 (1d4/18-20,x2/S, Kukri)
Melee Atk: +5 (1d4/19-20,x2/P,S, Dagger)
Ranged Atk: +6 (1d8/x3/P, Longbow)

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita moves her bow to aim at another hobgoblin. She doesn't want to retreat and leave the bound gnolls, but nor does she wish to fight these warg-mounted soldiers. She hopes they decide to leave.

silentspace

First Post
Goven eyes the hobgoblins warily. They seem sad, confused, and disjointed. They continue to withdraw, moving further and further away, slipping into the concealment of the forest. The hobgoblin Rathog is the last to go. He pauses, staring at you for a menacingly for a moment. "You have defeated us, for now," he says, before turning to join the others.

Goven remains alert as he listens to them retreating through the woods.

"I've never seen worgs that size before," a delicate female voice says, as a tiny fey creature appears out of nowhere. With golden hair and pale skin, the slender female curtseys in mid-air, then spins around with a playful flourish, her diaphanous robes spinning. YOu recognize her as a sprite.

"Karala!" Pard exclaims, "You were following us!"

"Hi Pard! No, actually I was following the hobgoblins. They seemed very dangerous, even more dangerous than the gnolls. The gnolls had bigger muscles, but the hobgoblins were very impressive on those big worgs!"

Karala peers at you for a moment. "You must be Dunathar, Goven, Lucan, Manzanita, and Zook. I got a message from Alba about you. She says you are here to warn us of danger? She says she feels you are friends. And she says you were inquiring about the spring..." Her eyes seem to linger on Manzanita a moment. Or perhaps on the staff that Manzanita carries.

"I am Karala. Welcome to my forest."

Dunathar searches Khelan's ruined body. Her armor is covered in intricate designs, probably hobgoblin in origin. It is a fine suit of scale mail, though it has seen much use. Still slung over her back is a spiked light steel shield, also of the finest hobgoblin make. Dunathar quickly relieves her of all her weapons and searches through her bags and clothes. It's a good haul.

OOC:

Khelan has -
masterwork scale mail, covered in etchings made to look like battle scars.
masterwork spiked light steel shield,
masterwork longsword, exceptionally well made
shortsword
masterwork longbow
quiver of 18 arrows
1 potion
2 tanglefoot bags

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita drifts back down to the earth. Heaving a sigh of relief, she approaches the others. She smiles at the sprite. "Alba was correct. Our goals are well aligned with yours. We would keep this forest safe from cruel marraders such as these. We are fortunate to have succeeded for now, but they will be back. Let's gather our prisoners and return to the keep. Will you join us Karala? I would certainly be interested to speak with you farther."

Manzanita picks up the hobgoblin bow and eyes it carefully. "I have need for such a weapon."

Remove ads