Storms of Change IC Part 4

doghead

thotd
"We can't let them get organised. I'm going to try and cause some confusion."

Lucan surges forwards, closing the distance between himself and the hobgoblin as rapidly as possible.

ooc: full move (base 40ft.) towards the hobgoblin. Given the terrain I don't think he'll cover it all, but looking to engage next round.
* melee +5 (spiked chain, 2d4+3, 20x2)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Zook was disgusted with himself for acting so rashly, but Manzanita's actions had brought him to the breaking point with anger and sadness. That realization brought an impetus for a blessing from Garl Glittergold, and he prepared to calm the savageness around him. He just had to wait until they were closer, just a bit closer...

OOC - Zook will cast calm emotions, centered in the middle of the battle, once the large whatnots come out of the trees to engage. He will delay until they appear. And yes, this means it well affect him and his fellow party members. This is deliberate.

Sado

First Post
Goven

Goven crouches in the bushes nearby (hopefully in the path of the oncoming hobgoblins), trying to hide himself (hide +11) and surprise them when they get close.

silentspace

First Post
Hurdling over the last shrub, Lucan moves past the tree until he gets an unobstructed shot. Whipping his spiked chain around his elbow, he sends a sharp spike straight into the hobgoblin's chest, unbalancing him.

Goven waits.

Manzanita finds a good position in the tree, and waits.

Dunathar holds his position, waiting.

Zook continues to wait.

The hobgoblin withdraws, moving away from Lucan and deeper into the forest, towards the sounds of his approaching kin.

The other hobgoblins are just out of sight. They will be upon Lucan in but a moment.

Initiative
22 Lucan: 6 damage
20 Goven
14 Manzanita
13 Dunathar
11 Zook
8 Hobgoblin 1: 8 damage

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita's goal is to find partial concealment, as well as a solid base in the tree's branches, where she can see below. From there, she would prepare her long composite bow, and comence firing. It might take her a couple rounds to get into position.

doghead

thotd
Lucan, male human pit fighter

Lucan pushes forwards, wordlessly crossing the last of the ground between in leaps and bounds. Ten feet from his attacker, the spiked chain whirls and snakes out from his hands towards the hobgoblin.

ooc: * melee +5 (spiked chain, 2d4+3, 20x2)
An Update.

silentspace

First Post
Hurdling over the last shrub, Lucan moves past the tree until he gets an unobstructed shot. Whipping his spiked chain around his elbow, he sends a sharp spike straight into the hobgoblin's chest, unbalancing him.

Goven waits.

Manzanita finds a good position in the tree, and waits.

Dunathar holds his position, waiting.

Zook continues to wait.

The hobgoblin withdraws, moving away from Lucan and deeper into the forest, towards the sounds of his approaching kin.

The other hobgoblins are just out of sight. They will be upon Lucan in but a moment.

Initiative
22 Lucan: 6 damage
20 Goven
14 Manzanita
13 Dunathar
11 Zook
8 Hobgoblin 1: 8 damage

OOC: Oops! I edited my last post accidentally. Sorry!

Someone

Adventurer
[ooc: Seems I missed the last battle post. Sorry.

Anyway, this seems one of those "Are you SURE do you want to do that?" situations. But Dunathar certainly is slower than worgs, so...]

Lucan, idiot, you´ll get yourself killed... thinks Dunathar, still waiting in ambush. "Come back!" shouts, hoping Lucan hears it but doesn´t give his position to the coming hobgoblins.

Remove ads