• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change IC Part 4

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita throws back her head and laughs. [sblock]"Your Lord Nazdin is a fool. Linace keep is a ruin, and holds nothing of value. Our lord has excavated it thoroughly. However, our lord does have many powerful items, and might consider a friendly relationship with your lord."[/sblock]

Manzanita points to the one who has been speaking. [/sblock]"You will return to your lord. Inform him that these woods are under the control of the Lord of the Forest. If he would like to search what remains of the keep, he should send appropriate gifts to our lord, and negotiations can commence from there."[/sblock]

[sblock]"Now. Who were the other group your lord had sent? Was it the orcs? or the hobgoblins?"[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Lucan, male human pit fighter

Lucan keeps one eye on Zook, and one on the surrounding area. Eventually he turns to Zook.

"I don't like the idea that there are hobgoblins still running around unaccounted for. I think you and I should see if Alba knows where the hobgoblins are. Then we can find a place to watch out for them."

Lucan turns and heads over to Alba and puts his question to the gnome*.

ooc * Alba does speak common, right. I can't remember.

silentspace

First Post
The gnoll seems to glare at Manzanita for a moment, then growls a reply.

[sblock]"We will send the message as you ask. The other one tasked to find the keep was a human, who said he sent hobgoblins. But he is dead now, and no one sent a report back to the Lord-General. That is why he sent us. Have you seen hobgoblins here, or orcs?"[/sblock]

Is Manzanita translating for everyone? Should I stop with the spoiler blocks?

The gnome replies to Lucan "Our last report was that they were heading this way, and should be here soon. Sorry that is all we know for now."

Sado

First Post
Goven

Goven looks around nervously as Lucan walks off. "What are they saying, Manzanita?" he asks. "Whatever it is, we'd best settle it soon."

He tightens his grip on his axe.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita scowls at the gnoll, but lowers her sword. Then she abruptly turns her back and takes a few steps back to converse quietly with the others.

"The gnolls claim to have been sent by General Nazdin of Goruka. He says another was instructed before them with this same task, to find and investigate Linace Keep. He says they will keep coming. The other man had sent hobgoblins. So I fear the gnolls and hobgoblins are allies. It would not be wise to put arms in the hands of these gnolls. Let's keep them bound until after we deal with the hobgoblins. I told them we worked for the Lord of the Forest and that we would send one back to inform their lord that if he wanted to explore this forest, he should return with gifts for our lord."

Someone

Adventurer
"I don´t think the Gorukans will swallow that" says Dunathar. "But leave them tied if that makes everyone happy; after all, it´s only a matter of time the keep is discovered whatever we do. We should have done what I said in the first place."

"Anyway, it´s time to go for those ´bgoblins."

Sado

First Post
Goven

"Ssss," Goven hisses to the others, trying to look nonchalant. "Ready yourselves!"

He pauses, focusing all his concentration on detecting any sounds of whatever he...feels...is nearly upon them. Raising his shield, he turns slowly, almost casually, to survey the forest around them, axe in hand ready to strike.

"Watch them," he tells Manzanita, indicating the gnolls.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita scowls. "My best spell is spent. I have no wish to meet these warg-riders now."

She turns to Alba. "Get these gnolls out of here. Let's hide them in the forest. Lead."

Assuming the gnomes will help, Manzanita commands the gnolls to remain silent.

Remove ads