• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change IC Part 4

Someone

Adventurer
Dunathar´s instincts kick in and he looks for a good hiding spot, holding his loaded crossbow (Hide +9) without saying a word.

"We lost too much time. Damned gnome good-doers, I hope I don´t meet a paladin ever" thinks.

doghead

thotd
Lucan, male human pit fighter.

Lucan pulls his spiked chain, but remains still until he gets some indication of the direction of the threat.

silentspace

First Post
Goven turns casually, axe in hand...

Manzanita scowls and ushers the gnolls deeper into the forest...

Zook grasps his morningstar tightly...

Dunathar ducks low and raises his crossbow...

Lucan pulls out his spiked chain...

Goven spots a distant rustling of vegetation, in the direction the gnolls came from, coming in your general direction along the trail. About 150 feet away the head of a hobgoblin appears, scanning the area alertly. He turns his head, sweeping the area surrounding the main path. A look of shock crosses his face as he sees three armed men off the side of the path, two humans and a gnome...

Initiative
Manzanita
Lucan
Dunathar
Goven
Zook
Hobgoblin

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

Manzanita speaks firmly to the gnolls. [sblock]Drop to your stomachs. No noise. Don't get up. I will kill anyone who does."[/sblock]

As she speaks, she switches from her sword to her bow.

Someone

Adventurer
"They are still too far away" thinks Dunathar. "I hope they let the hobgoblins come and don´t run foolishly to them"

He hopes it´s the entire warband, and not a lone scout. "but anyway, if he runs I wouldn be able to catch him" reasons, so he stays hidden.

[ooc: Actions: keep hidden and ready an action to shoot whatever hobgoblin that comes within 30 feet.]

Sado

First Post
Goven

Goven's actions depend on what the hobgoblin does:

If the hobgoblin approaches normally, Goven will stand ready and wait to see what he does.

If he charges or moves to attack, Goven will move to the front to shield his companions with ranged weapons.

If the hobgoblin retreats or looks away, Goven crouches or crawls into the brush (depending on how high it is) and tries to sneak over toward him to flank or surprise him (+11 hide and move silent).

silentspace

First Post
Manzanita speaks to the gnolls, who lie on the ground, out of sight.

Lucan delays

Dunathar readies his crossbow

Goven delays

Zook, without hesitation, raises his crossbow and fires at the hobgoblin. His bolt flies wide.

The hobgoblin crouches behind a tree out of sight. A moment later you hear the shrill sound of a whistle being blown. In the distance come the sound of large things crashing through the forest towards you.

Initiative
Lucan
Goven
Manzanita
Dunathar
Zook
Hobgoblin

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita pauses and looks up at the trees. She will try to locate a tree from which she could perch and fire arrows. Getting up the tree would be accomplished by her levitation spell. Preferably the tree would have branches that start high on the trunk, allowing her fairly clear shots down. If such tree is available, she will move there, and, time premitting, cast her spell. She could also find a tall coniferous tree, cast her spell, then move up the outside slowly, pulling herself in as she goes, so that she stays w/in arm's reach of the trees branches. If no trees present themselves, she will simply hide behind something. A boulder, bush or thick tree trunk.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Can Dunathar tell how many thing are there? and how large? If they seem to be a regular hobgoblin patrol mounted on worgs, then Dunathar continues hiding, waiting his opportunity to sneak attacka goblinoid.

Remove ads