Storms of Change, Part 2

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert doesn't agree with the mage, again ... "I don't think this would be very wise Manzanita. It would be our death. We are all wounded. I say we hide in the nearby wilderness, while keeping an eye on the entrances of this place, maybe. I need rest and prayer to be able to call on Fharlangh blessed healing again. Only then will I consider searching the rest of this place a reasonable option."

He looks at the battered Mirena. "You took care of those two guards by yourself, Mirena ? To think you complimented me on my bravery ! You're the brave one !"

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn nods at Mirena, silently acknowledging her skill. "I have to agree with Filbert. We can't last through another fight, not if we want to all survive."

Verbatim

Explorer
As the others paused to discuss hunting the remaining Hextorites or leaving to return another day, Dunathar fixed his gaze firmly on the wizardess as he spoke.

"We will return here in the morning if you wish, but for now, the others speak with the voice of logic. We need time to rest and plan our next move, as we have seen what the black hearts can do with a bit of luck from their side."

silentspace

First Post
Mirena shudders. "I thought I was going to die! I wasn't brave at all, I was scared witless!'

Alyssa adds. "I couldn't help, the space was so narrow. Luckily only one orc could attack at a time, and Mirena got some good hits in." She grins at Mirena.

The party withdraws from the compound, climbing back down the rope and returning to the horses.

OOC: Some alternatives... Going back to Carodan the way you came will take the rest of this day and tomorrow. Returning to the spot you camped at last night will take the rest of this day. Heading straight south, staying in the Prin River valley will take you to what you imagine to be safer territory inside the Duchy of Rogan, perhaps an hour or two after sunset. It might require hustling or a forced march. There are probably a few small villages somewhere in that direction. Unfortunately no one is too familiar with that part of the Duchy. Heading north from here to Linace Keep will take two days (the detour got you a little closer to it, but not much).

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Once they get to the horses (and dogs), Filbert speaks up again. "This is just my humble opinion but I see no reason to leave for Carodan. That would not accomplish much. We have plenty of supplies and we can live of the land. I say we camp nearby while one of us stays here as a sentry, to see any movement in or out of the place. If nothing appends, we can explore the rest of it once we’re healed. We could even proceed with the exploration of the Linace keep area once this is all done. I'll accept the decision of the group, however.”

Ooc: would resting for a long period in the wilderness (while training – sparring, praying, studying – amongst ourselves) be enough to get our level ?

silentspace

First Post
GPEKO said:
Ooc: would resting for a long period in the wilderness (while training – sparring, praying, studying – amongst ourselves) be enough to get our level ?

OOC: You feel it will take a few days (1-4) of downtime to level up. This could happen in the wilderness.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"I'm eager to return to town to work on my spellbooks. I'd like to add some of the spells of the defeated wizards. But your idea is sound, Filbert. Let us stay and keep an eye on this place. We can head back in once we're in better health."

silentspace

First Post
It is midday, and with the fog lifted, you have a clear view of the valley. It is filled with rolling, rocky hills. Scouting about, you find a spot about a quarter mile away, where a person could keep watch on the outpost while the rest remain hidden behind the hill. It's not as secure or defensible as the spot in the mountains from the night before, but it will enable you to keep an eye on any comings and goings at Hextor's base. Alyssa does her best to conceal your tracks. The afternoon and early evening passes without incident.

[Any healing before night?]

Wounded Persons
Adromon 7/11
Devan 7/10
Dunathar 7/8
Filbert 6/10
Zanock 5/12
Mirena 6/8

Remove ads