• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita will enter the room & take part in searching the bodies & the room. "It would be nice to question someone, but these men seem clearly connected to the followers of Hextor we saw before. I would not grieve over their lives. Perhaps Alyssa & Mirena are questioning the onr above."

Verbatim

Explorer
As Manzanita searches the bodies, Dunathar quickly begins looking for places to hide them for now. When a suitable place is located, Dunathar will drag the body(ies) to it and try to clean the floor with bedding.

"It is best to keep surprise on our side for as long as we can."

Once done, Dunathar will help look for any Hextorite markings on gear or chests in the room to link the raiders outside to the mine inside.

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon rests his glaive on the ground, but retains such a strong grip on it that his knuckles turn white. He surveys the situation with a piercing look in his eyes. Although he remains quiet, he is clearly furious.

Hurricain

First Post
Devan , noticing Adromon's expression goes to Dunathar and speaks with him in private.

"I think we made the right decision, what do you think. The only reason i ask is there are some individuals that don't think so. I won't sit by and wait for one of my friends to get hurt or even killed while other individuals are trying to compromise with them. but what do I know.....

silentspace

First Post
The room is spartan and bare, and very much like a barracks. There is an empty torch holder on the wall. Besides the beds, there are twelve wooden footlockers and one larger wooden trunk.

Nine of the footlockers contain neatly folded tunics and pants, all dark grey. In addition, three of the footlockers contain suits of studded leather armor, shortbows, a quiver of 20 arrows, and outdoor gear including boots, cloaks and packs. The half-orc members of the group you were tracking wore similar-looking clothes and armor, as did the half-orc sentry that was bound and gagged. There are also several sets of bone dice and a leather necklace with a big pointy tooth, possibly from a boar, hanging from it. You find a total of 31 silver pieces and 32 copper pieces.

The trunk contains five suits of scale mail, and a well-thumbed book.

The title of the book is “The Glory of Hextor: Devotion through Combat.” It is written in the common tongue, and has the following chapters:

1 – Increase your Fighting Prowess through Combat and Warfare!
2 – Grow Spiritually through Conquest!
3 – The Strength of Hextor: Dominating the Weak!
4 – Bar-room Brawling: Good Practice, but a Waste!
5 – Stay Focused on your Goals: Align your Will with Hextor’s!

The book is cheaply bound in low-quality leather. The book is not long, and the text is written somewhat larger than you’re used to seeing in a book.

Hanging on a hook by the door is a key. Dunathar examines the key, and sees that it is for a simple lock, one that should be easy to pick.

Dunathar does his best to clean up the traces of combat. As the dwarf drags the bodies to stuff them into the footlockers, Adromon notices that the hand of one the half-orcs, the last one to fall, twitches as he is dragged.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita thumbs through the book. "Hmm. This Hextor is cruel, but he has some good ideas. But military matters are for others." She tosses the book into the foot lockers with the bodies. "Let's keep moving. If any of you humans want to put on those dark grey tunics, you might fool them briefly, but not we gnomes, elves and dwarves."

GPEKO

First Post
With a bit of disgust, Filbert tries to retrieve is dagger from one of their victims. If he makes any movement, he'll say: "This one is still alive ! Maybe we should bring him up to the others. That would make two prisonners."
Manzanita said:
If any of you humans want to put on those dark grey tunics, you might fool them briefly, but not we gnomes, elves and dwarves.
"And halflings ! Geee... Am I that forgettable, Manzanita ?" He smiles slightly, despite the danger around them. "Just jesting you ... But I agree. What ever we do, let's move fast and be on our guard."

mpickett81

First Post
silentspace said:
Dunathar does his best to clean up the traces of combat. As the dwarf drags the bodies to stuff them into the footlockers, Adromon notices that the hand of one the half-orcs, the last one to fall, twitches as he is dragged.

Adromon places his glaive in the path of the dwarf as he drags the quivering half-orc toward the footlooker. "Not so fast... this one still lives. We may get the chance to ask question after all."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"Let him die. We would have to heal him to get him in shape to talk, healing which would be better used on us. If we want to ask questions, lets ask the one outside. For now, I suggest we continue, while we still have the advantage of surprise."

To Filbert. "Halflings too, of course. Our fates are all the same before the forces of Goruka and Hextor."

silentspace

First Post
"And orcs!" Zanock adds, eyeing the tunics skeptically. They don't look like they'd fit him anyways.

Filbert finds that the half-orc still has breath in him, though it is exceedingly shallow. He is wounded very near death, but he has stabilized on his own, like Zanock had before, and Adromon too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads