• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

Verbatim

Explorer
Dropping the body as he would a sack of rocks, Dunathar agrees with Manzanita that the best course of action would be to simply end its life here and now and take chances with what is out there as the look around. However, as the halfling priest approached and looked at the body, Dunathar moved backwards to give him room to do whatever he saw fit.

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn stands silently in the background, watching the others. She looks lost in thought and only reacts if someone talks to her directly. [Sorry for the delay, and the lack of real activity. This week has been horrible at work.]

GPEKO

First Post
"I think he's gonna make it. But he'll probably won't regain consciousness anytime soon. We could hide him here for now and bring him with us as a prisonner later. I just can't bring myself to kill him, here, like that. I mean, he's helpless."

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Dunathar's voice is flat as he speaks to the halfling priest and those around him.

"If his heart belongs to Hextor, then taking him as a captive won't do us any good. I know you may not think it is right, the best thing we can do is finish him off and be done with him."

Letting his words sink in, Dunathar continues.

"If any feel that I'm harsh, know that my clan has been attacked several times by those who march under Hextor's banner for the mines we possess, but each time, the cost grows more severe. Never before have I raised my blade to stop them, as I didn't see the profit in it, but now I'll be damned if I ever let another slip by me again."

mpickett81

First Post
Hearing Dunathar's words, Adromon feels it is finally time for him to voice his protest. He addresses the dwarf with a look of reflection in his eyes.

"I am a warrior, not an assassin. I cannot sit by and watch this half-orc be murdered in cold blood. If you consider yourself above the Hextorites, Dunathar, we should tend to this creatures wounds, bind him, and leave him be."

Hurricain

First Post
Devan hearing both sides of the opinion can't help but speak up.

"I agree with Dunathar. I would not like to face this same enemy in combat again. Would this half orc show any of us any mercy, I think not."

Verbatim

Explorer
While Adromon's eyes carry the light of compassion in them, Dunathar's eyes are as hard as flint.

"If ye want one alive to talk to, I'll bring you the one from upstairs and we can requestion him for as long as you'd like, but if you insist on healing him, remember that by saving his life, our priest may not be able to come to our aid when we need it the most."

Pausing to let Devon speak, Dunathar nods in agreement with the archer.

"Ye don't want to be an assassin then don't be one. Step out of the room and let me finish the task at hand and think of it no more. I respect what ye want to do, but not with this man, nor any who march under the Black God's banner."

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon human psywarrior 1

Adromon's normally steadfast resolve is shaken by the debate. He feels ill-suited to a philosophical discussion, but he can't remain silent in good conscious. In war, he thinks, things were much simpler. There was no question that if you didn't kill, you would be killed.

He turns to Devon, "Mercy has no meaning if given only to those that bear us goodwill." Then to Dunathar, "I doubt a few bandages would be a drain on Bert's abilities. But I won't turn against the party if I am the only one against this action."

Adromon remains motionless as his eyes scan the room for any sign of support from his companions.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert's eyes go from Dunathar to Adromon in quick succession. He's hesitant to join the debate between the shifty dwarf and the mysterious warrior. When Adromon mentions his name, he manages to blurt out a few words. "Sure, a few bandages, not much of a problem. Hehe ... Let's just move OK ?"

silentspace

First Post
Filbert takes out his new healing kit and quickly applies first aid to the unconscious half-orc. In a few seconds the halfling healer finishes bandaging the wounds.

Remove ads